International field courses in the age of Covid?

Started by Kron3007, September 30, 2021, 10:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kron3007

So, I normally run a field course in the winter semester.  Obviously it was cancelled last year.  Currently, we can't run the course, but this could change any time and these things take a lot of planning, so I have been making arrangements in the hopes that we can run it this coming winter. 

I just wanted to ask what the situation is elsewhere.  Are field courses running now?  Are they planned for next semester?  Have they been cancelled for the foreseeable future?

I am not overly optimistic that it will run this year, but as I said, I still have to make the plan just in case...

FishProf

At FishProf U, we had trips to the Dominican Republic and Florida yanked at the 11th hour when Covid 1st manifested.

We have been unable to do any travel since then.

We just got a hard NO on travelling to Florida in December.  The DR is right out.

We have a tentative maybe on FL for Spring Break. 

But, ya know.  Florida.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

sinenomine

My school has suspended travel with the exception of some very local, carefully vetted field trips. We're now allowing study abroad again, but no one's doing it at the moment.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

Morden

We have some international field courses planned for spring, but who knows if they will be cancelled again.

Kron3007

Looks like I have the green light to go ahead with the international field course this winter.  Good thing I made the plans just in case...

Aster