IHE: White Man Sues U of South Florida for Discrimination

Started by Wahoo Redux, May 13, 2022, 07:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahoo Redux

Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

marshwiggle

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on May 13, 2022, 07:04:42 AM
White Man Sues U of South Florida for Discrimination

Well...what is good for the goose is good for the gander, I guess.

Also:

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/523572-white-professor-says-usf-deans-racist-and-sexist-remarks-pushed-him-out-of-job-now-he-wants-100k/

Specifically, Vice Dean Menon told Plaintiff and others that USF's upper administrators were 'a bunch of f***ing white male conservatives.'"

If other people can verify that she said that, it's not good for her. Imagine if a white male described administrators as 'a bunch of f***ing black female liberals.' The universe would explode.
It takes so little to be above average.

Wahoo Redux

Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

downer

Do you get to sue if you resigned your position? It certainly makes it harder to prove any claim of discrimination. I wonder if the university will settle anyway to make the problem go away. I guess that might open the door to more lawsuits about the dean though.

Was the dean paying attention during the sensitivity training? I suspect not.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

marshwiggle

Quote from: downer on May 13, 2022, 07:31:30 AM
Do you get to sue if you resigned your position? It certainly makes it harder to prove any claim of discrimination. I wonder if the university will settle anyway to make the problem go away. I guess that might open the door to more lawsuits about the dean though.

Maybe it was run by 'a bunch of f***ing white male conservatives.'
It takes so little to be above average.

pgher

Quote from: downer on May 13, 2022, 07:31:30 AM

Could be considered constructive dismissal, perhaps.