News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Same paper at separate conferences?

Started by paddington_bear, December 14, 2022, 09:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryc

Yeah it is all about changing the title and maybe pitching it a bit differently.

I *might* know a guy who, early and mid-career, presented the same paper a lot. And I mean, a lot. He never did get around to publishing it and just today he saw a swarm of tweets about a brilliant young historian who just published a book on the topic.

bacardiandlime

Quote from: larryc on January 17, 2023, 01:16:02 AM
I *might* know a guy who, early and mid-career, presented the same paper a lot. And I mean, a lot. He never did get around to publishing it and just today he saw a swarm of tweets about a brilliant young historian who just published a book on the topic.

ouch

larryc

Oh I'm fine with it. I'd long since lost interest and the topic required substantial additional research to become published. I look forward to reading the book.

Quote from: bacardiandlime on January 17, 2023, 06:54:22 AM
Quote from: larryc on January 17, 2023, 01:16:02 AM

ouch