News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Positivity Thread

Started by adel9216, November 25, 2019, 02:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adel9216

I don't know if there is a thread like this one already on this forum, but I thought it would be nice to have a "positivity thread" so we could just be happy about some of the things we accomplish as academics (or in our personal lives as well or anything really!).

I start.

I just submitted a scholarship application. It was a lot of work. I'm fingers-crossed now!

What about you?

mamselle

Good idea. A little positivity goes a long way.

I'm almost done with a section of a chapter of a book I'm working on.

Yea!!!

(There's also a "Paralysis Analysis" thread and a "count-down" thread for things like this in progress, where celebrations also tend to be posted).

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

adel9216

Quote from: mamselle on November 25, 2019, 02:20:29 PM

Yea!!!

(There's also a "Paralysis Analysis" thread and a "count-down" thread for things like this in progress, where celebrations also tend to be posted).

M.

Congrats!! :)

adel9216

Quote from: adel9216 on November 25, 2019, 02:13:04 PM
I don't know if there is a thread like this one already on this forum, but I thought it would be nice to have a "positivity thread" so we could just be happy about some of the things we accomplish as academics (or in our personal lives as well or anything really!).

I start.

I just submitted a scholarship application. It was a lot of work. I'm fingers-crossed now!

What about you?

I did a media interview on my research topic, and they contacted me again for another one!

Parasaurolophus

Good idea!

Quote from: mamselle on November 25, 2019, 02:20:29 PM

Yea!!!

Yay!

Quote from: adel9216 on November 29, 2019, 07:46:33 AM

I did a media interview on my research topic, and they contacted me again for another one!

Congratulations!

I was just asked to contribute some entries to a new lexicon which will be published soon! It's on a topic I publish on only very occasionally, so that's an exciting bit of recognition.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Conference paper went really well and the conference overall was very good.  Reconnected with my old diss chair and we spent a very nice dinner date together. 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

mamselle

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 29, 2019, 10:10:36 AM
Conference paper went really well and the conference overall was very good.  Reconnected with my old diss chair and we spent a very nice dinner date together.

Sounds like a win-win-win!

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: mamselle on November 29, 2019, 03:20:39 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on November 29, 2019, 10:10:36 AM

Sounds like a win-win-win!

M.

Triple positive indeed! 
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

adel9216

I submitted the first draft of a book chapter. In English!!!! First time I write in 5000 essay in English. I used Grammarly to help me out. It is not perfect, but I feel reassured because it is a draft.

adel9216

I worked for three hours on another book chapter tonight.

Parasaurolophus

Well, my co-editor and I have pretty much put together this issue of the Newsletter, and I have to say it looks pretty effin good. We're really raising the bar!

(It's a small but notable victory in a two-week period which will be characterized by a brickton of mind-numbing work tasks. omg. I need to learn to stop agreeing to do things.)
I know it's a genus.

adel9216

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 04, 2019, 11:19:32 PM
Well, my co-editor and I have pretty much put together this issue of the Newsletter, and I have to say it looks pretty effin good. We're really raising the bar!

(It's a small but notable victory in a two-week period which will be characterized by a brickton of mind-numbing work tasks. omg. I need to learn to stop agreeing to do things.)

Great!!!

ergative

I fixed the final technical problem that has been plaguing me all semester, and now my shiny!new piece of equipment seems to be up and running properly.

mamselle

All my hostels and apartments are booked for my trip, and there are only 3 library emails to go for manuscript requests.

(THEN I'll have to finish all the stuff I have to do before I go, but at least I'm assured of having a place to sleep every night....)

M.

backatit

I'm almost done with a grant proposal and whether we get it or not, my co-author has been a pleasure to work with. That's kind of unusual.