Previous topic - Next topic

lightning

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on January 11, 2020, 03:43:04 PM
Since January 1st, I've knocked out:

2 referee reports
1 set of minor revisions

By this time in February, I'll need to have also knocked out:

1 referee report (on that vile book)
1 set of major revisions (but a conditional acceptance!)
1 R&R

It feels like a real set of accomplishments, but also like a lot left to do.

Now you make me feel like a slacker. Good work!

adel9216

- I got my final grades for my seminars last Fall: Two As!!!
- I was able to get an extension on a project !
- I am travelling for a conference this week!
- Lots of amazing projects that are coming up between January and March for me.
- I began seeing a therapist, and it's helped me tremendously so far.

adel9216

- We sent out the call for proposals regarding the colloquium I am organizing. Can't wait to read researchers & students' proposals.

adel9216

I'm part of the editorial committee of a student-led, but high quality journal now :)
Presenting at a UK conference tomorrow, and I am happy about that too!

Parasaurolophus

Well done! That's a lot of good news!
I know it's a genus.

adel9216

adel9216

I am so much more effective now that I am using my Apple Electronic Calendar and Wunderlist for my To-do lists. after many trials and errors of different apps, programs, etc, I think I've finally found a system that works for me as a PhD student!!!!

adel9216

Today, a professor that I have a lot of respect for, and that I barely know, told me, after reading a book chapter I have worked on, that I am a very strong doctoral student. I was surprised by her comment, because I was afraid of what she would say after reading me, but she kept saying how impressed she was.

adel9216

An op-ed article came out today, and the author mentionned my name and the work that I do in it, and in a positive way! What a nice surprise to wake up to this morning.

mamselle

I have a whole day before me to see about getting a couple of smaller pieces done and out the door, having finished all my editing, and the basic financials for the board meeting I support for early Feb.!

People have also commented favorably on my trip journal, the third installment of which may also be finished and sent out today. (Glad to share with anyone who sends me a PM with a valid email address...!)

Not being able to move around as much may help my productivity in unexpected ways....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mamselle

Just got an email accepting my paper proposal for the fun April conference in which we'll dance the dinner courses in and teach folks branles, pavanes, and galliards afterwards for the banquet...

I should be out of the cast by then...

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

0susanna

A student told me I am awesome yesterday. Woot!

Parasaurolophus

7208 words later, that's the referee report for the godawful vile book done. Whew!
I know it's a genus.

lillipat

Mamselle, that does sound like a fun conference!  Wish I could figure out a way to attend it - I'd be more than willing to have you teach me some ancient dances (haven't even tried any since the mid-80s)

mamselle

Weeellll....they're not ancient (we really don't know what those Etruscan and Greek folks were doing in between the poses on the funereal frescoes or painted vases, and without the transitional information, we don't know 'the dance,' but the Renaissance dances are indeed fun, and I'd be glad to PM you with more info if you like!

Orchesography R Us!

M.