News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Fall 2023 Enrollments

Started by downer, June 14, 2023, 05:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

I've been seeing reports in the news that recent revisions to FAFSA have thrown a lot of applicants for a loop, to the point where it has been having an impact on the schools they're trying to apply to.  Has anybody observed any of this?
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

sinenomine

Quote from: apl68 on February 28, 2024, 06:48:41 AMI've been seeing reports in the news that recent revisions to FAFSA have thrown a lot of applicants for a loop, to the point where it has been having an impact on the schools they're trying to apply to.  Has anybody observed any of this?

Definitely at my institution, which serves a large number of PELL-eligible students. Our Admissions and Financial Aid teams have created a substitute form for the meantime to help potential students learn how much aid they could qualify for. The big worry is that potential students will decide not to apply to college this cycle.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

aside

Quote from: sinenomine on February 28, 2024, 07:24:08 AM
Quote from: apl68 on February 28, 2024, 06:48:41 AMI've been seeing reports in the news that recent revisions to FAFSA have thrown a lot of applicants for a loop, to the point where it has been having an impact on the schools they're trying to apply to.  Has anybody observed any of this?

Definitely at my institution, which serves a large number of PELL-eligible students. Our Admissions and Financial Aid teams have created a substitute form for the meantime to help potential students learn how much aid they could qualify for. The big worry is that potential students will decide not to apply to college this cycle.
At my place applications are way up, but acceptances and aid offers have been affected.  We have a substitute form as well. Applicants are told approximately how much they would qualify for based on this form, pending FAFSA confirmation.