Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Another month, another thread.

Monthly goals:

• Write and present conference talk.
  • Complete minor revisions on Accepted Paper

Stretch:
  • Complete solo translation intro.
  • Write and submit solo translation proposal.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today: just working on the acceptance, I think. It'd be good to clear it from my desk.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

October goals:
  • Keep chipping away at book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague
  • Make revisions on paper #1 w colleague, in light of conference feedback
  • Get the ball rolling on book chapter w colleague[/s]

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 01, 2023, 08:45:20 AMToday: just working on the acceptance, I think. It'd be good to clear it from my desk.

I think I've done it, though I'll sit on it for a few days to be sure.

I took a stab at the conference thing again, but it's proving remarkably resistant, and my energy is low.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Okay, well, no more excuses. Must make progress on the conference talk.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 02, 2023, 09:46:25 AMOkay, well, no more excuses. Must make progress on the conference talk.

I think I've found a way in. It won't be pretty, but whatever.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just the conference paper today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 03, 2023, 05:14:22 PMJust the conference paper today.

~900 words. I've found my way in, which allows me to rely heavily on some of the material from my solo translation's intro. So that's nice. And it looks like I've threaded it in sufficiently well that I'll be able to build on it over the next few days.

Phew! I was getting worried.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll do what I can to get some writing of the conference paper done, although I've been warned of a big disruption this morning. Sigh. I just can't seem to get a proper hands-free-typing day. It's been weeks.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 04, 2023, 08:42:25 AMI'll do what I can to get some writing of the conference paper done, although I've been warned of a big disruption this morning. Sigh. I just can't seem to get a proper hands-free-typing day. It's been weeks.

Wrote 400, cannibalized 1100. I'm two-thirds of the way to a paper!
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More work on the conference piece today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 05, 2023, 08:09:55 AMMore work on the conference piece today.

Meh, didn't get much done, just ~400 semi-cannibalized words.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

My perennially rejected paper was rejected again. Too bad, because it's pretty good. Sigh.

Today, I'd like to make progress on the conference piece and finish double checking the paper accepted with minor revisions.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 06, 2023, 09:00:36 AMMy perennially rejected paper was rejected again. Too bad, because it's pretty good. Sigh.

Uuuuugh. The referee was very happy with it--but it got rejected because it was scooped. In fairness, the scooping happened years ago, shortly after I first sent a draft in to a journal. I thought I'd done a good job in the intervening years of showing how this builds on that, but I guess not. Oh well. Bugger it, I'll just re-send it as-is.

QuoteToday, I'd like to make progress on the conference piece and finish double checking the paper accepted with minor revisions.

I sent in the accepted paper. Didn't make much progress on the conference piece because it's cursed, and all of my hands-free time was hijacked. Only got ~500 words in. Which is okay, but I'd have liked to get it pretty much done before the weekend, when we will have guests. Especially since I have to send it in the 13th.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'm not sure I'll have the time, but I'd like to do a bit on the conference piece.
I know it's a genus.