News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

October research thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, October 01, 2023, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 14, 2023, 08:51:36 AMI'll try to make some progress on the slideshow.

Only managed a tiny bit. Once again, I had no time at all.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More work on the presentation today.
I know it's a genus.

secundem_artem

Submitted an abstract to a meeting yesterday.  Will know status in early December. Project had some issues - hopefully will past muster as an abstract at a local meeting, but I'm not confident it would get through peer review at any reputable journal.
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 15, 2023, 09:41:29 AMMore work on the presentation today.

Think I'm ~3 slides short of done. Not bad.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'll (preliminarily) finish the slides today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna go over my talk a bit. Gotta get in the groove, and gotta break the ice of unwillingness.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 17, 2023, 09:19:35 AMGonna go over my talk a bit. Gotta get in the groove, and gotta break the ice of unwillingness.

Did a bunch of that.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Just practising the talk today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Running through the talk today, maybe reading a friend's paper.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 19, 2023, 10:55:06 AMRunning through the talk today, maybe reading a friend's paper.

Did it.

Also cancelled a thing, which I've been putting off, cleaned out my inbox, and claimed two free books.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on October 01, 2023, 03:28:08 PMOctober goals:
  • Keep chipping away at book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 w colleague
  • Make revisions on paper #1 w colleague, in light of conference feedback
  • Get the ball rolling on book chapter w colleague

I finished a draft of the chapter I'm working on for book project #1, and now it is off with my RA to track down a few data points to add in. I'm crossing this off the list for now.

I also met with my colleague for book project #2. My task for next week will be to read the proposal and chapter over, make whatever edits are appropriate, and then send it back to my colleague for a final look before we send it off. Hopefully the publisher is still interested, as we have been dragging our feet on this for months.

In the meantime, my RA has gotten back to me with an outline and some sources for the book chapter (w colleague for an edited volume), so I think I'll spend this afternoon trying to get the ball rolling on that.

Paper #1 is still on the backburner, but I will get to as soon as these other tasks are off my plate.

Parasaurolophus

Today's my last day to go over my talk, so I'll do that. Then I have to deliver the bloody thing tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 20, 2023, 02:25:07 PMToday's my last day to go over my talk, so I'll do that. Then I have to deliver the bloody thing tomorrow.

Did it. It still feels dodgy though.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Giving the talk today. I don't plan on doing anything else. But it'll be nice to be done and to return to finishing up my translation project.
I know it's a genus.