News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

October research thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, October 01, 2023, 07:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

Quote from: darkstarrynight on October 23, 2023, 09:51:26 AMFrom September Goals:
  • Draft first chapter of the book manuscript
  • Prepare presentation for October on book topics
  • If book chapter proposal is accepted, work on chapter draft with coauthor

Just got presentation done, whew!

darkstarrynight

I revisited the presentation today and actually finalized it. I also recently joined an interdisciplinary grant team and our proposal is due this coming week so I have been making edits on our shared document. I am also presenting my sabbatical research to my college colleagues (whoever wants free lunch) later this week, but it is more of a conversation than a presentation.

Parasaurolophus

Should have a bit of time to write and read for the intro.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 29, 2023, 08:13:02 AMShould have a bit of time to write and read for the intro.

~1500 words, some reorganisation, read a pile of things, and completed almost all of the proposal form.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Not much time today, but I'll try to get a small section of I tro writing done.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, more work on the translation intro and maybe the prospectus. It's close to done, but still needs me to add a historical figure or two, tigthen up the paragraphs on two figures, and figure out what I need to say in the last section.

So, today... I'll work on adding at least one figure, and will try to tighten up one or both of the others needing it.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 31, 2023, 11:12:24 AMSo, today... I'll work on adding at least one figure, and will try to tighten up one or both of the others needing it.

Wrote one up, and fixed some stuff for about ~800 words. Did all the reading I'll need to write the last entry and fix those two up.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Progress report:

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 01, 2023, 07:10:08 AMMonthly goals:

• Write and present conference talk.
  • Complete minor revisions on Accepted Paper

Stretch:
  • Complete solo translation intro.
  • Write and submit solo translation proposal.

I nearly completed the intro, and did most of the proposal. I did good!
I know it's a genus.