News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

November Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, November 01, 2023, 09:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 17, 2023, 01:47:39 PMJust tidying the paper today. Don't expect to manage to do much of that, but still.

Did a little.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Mostly reading, maybe some tidying of the article today.

I got back a desk rejection for my most rejected paper today (grrr), so I'll send it right back out, too.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 18, 2023, 08:38:10 AMMostly reading, maybe some tidying of the article today.

I got back a desk rejection for my most rejected paper today (grrr), so I'll send it right back out, too.

Managed some of all of the above. Article is back out.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Nothing much today; I'm examining that PhD thesis I read.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 19, 2023, 07:48:41 AMNothing much today; I'm examining that PhD thesis I read.

D'oh, it's next week. Did some work on the paper instead.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

This is not really about research but I am not sure where to write this. About a year and a half ago one of my coauthors on a book died in a tragic accident. I may have mentioned it here then. This past weekend, my other book coauthor died in a tragic accident. This person and I also served on boards together for a few professional organizations. They both were young, and I am in shock. Every day is a gift.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 21, 2023, 12:05:18 PMBuffing the paper.

Buffed it and sent it in. It will no doubt be rejected, but at least it's paper-sized and -shaped rather than reply-sized and -shaped now.

Also collected and scanned my ILLs for the book. :)
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today I'll definitely start reading my ILL materials, and I will probably start on some refereeing I need to do soonish. But I may also properly start writing the new chapter for my next book.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 22, 2023, 08:35:50 AMToday I'll definitely start reading my ILL materials, and I will probably start on some refereeing I need to do soonish. But I may also properly start writing the new chapter for my next book.

Wrote 600 words. It's hard to start something new, though. Feels rough. Also read one of the ILLs and 75% of the second, and 30% of the paper I'm refereeing.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Refereeing plus finishing yesterday's reading.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 23, 2023, 08:09:19 AMRefereeing plus finishing yesterday's reading.

Well, I did the reading then updated my research statement and applied for a job. I also read more of the paper I'm refereeing, but didn't finish it. And I bravely submitted an insurance claim from ages ago, but that's not research.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Might get a little chapter writing done. Otherwise, just planning to finish reading for that referee report, maybe make a start on some conference refereeing, and maybe start reading a long thing for the book.
I know it's a genus.