News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

December Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, December 01, 2023, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkstarrynight

I am trying to grade but I have an IRB review also and other meetings. I feel behind but my goal is to finish grading before this week is over, so my book progress is paused.

permanent imposter

From November thread:

Quote from: permanent imposter on November 01, 2023, 01:16:03 PMMain goal: Complete rough draft of Article #1.

Secondary goal: Complete abstracts of Article #2 and #3.

Tertiary goal: Find out wtf is going on with Article #0 (#0 because it was submitted prior to my new job) and Review #0.

Try not to think about book manuscript feedback potentially being terrible.

Completed main goal. (Yay! The draft is rough, but I'll take it.)

Plan to complete secondary goal this week or as soon as students stop emailing me about semester-end "emergencies" of their own making.

Tertiary goal: Found out publication schedule for Review #0. Radio silence on Article #0. Not sure when would be an appropriate time to reach out again -- I don't want to be a bother.

Received book manuscript feedback. Largely positive I think but lots of work to be done still. Submitted response to book manuscript feedback.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 02, 2023, 08:15:52 AMDecember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - the plan is to submit to a workshop/conference with a January due date and the paper is basically ready to go, so I doubt this will get much attention
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - the plan is to get it off to the next journal by the end of December; ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues - ball is in my court
  • Review and submit proofs for book chapter #1
  • Finish and submit book chapter #2 w colleague - December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project (book project #1)
  • Respond to publisher's queries about book project #2

I took most of the day off, but still managed to make a bit of modest progress on book project #1.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 13, 2023, 09:51:51 AMToday I grade. And maybe finish that IRB review. And maybe something else.

Did them both. Lots more grading left, though.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gotta grade, but might check a translation chunk.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gotta get a goodly chunk of grading done. Will also do some translation checking.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

• Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - the plan is to submit to a workshop/conference with a January due date and the paper is basically ready to go, so I doubt this will get much attention
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - the plan is to get it off to the next journal by the end of December; ball is in colleague's court

I sent off book chapter #2 and also submitted paper #1 to the workshop ahead of schedule. Next week I hope to make more progress on book project #1 - perhaps to finish a draft of Chapter 5 - and also to make a few more edits to paper #3, in response to a concern from one of my coauthors.

Parasaurolophus

Got a promising R&R back from a journal I just can't crack.

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 15, 2023, 10:40:54 AMGotta get a goodly chunk of grading done. Will also do some translation checking.

Finished my grading and read my R&R comments. That's enough for today.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Gonna take care of straggler grades, then we'll see what's what. Might make a small start on the R&R, or continue writing the chapter a bit.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 16, 2023, 12:15:14 PMGonna take care of straggler grades, then we'll see what's what. Might make a small start on the R&R, or continue writing the chapter a bit.

Only managed to deal with the stragglers, fakers, and hagglers. Ugh, it's exhausting. Especially when they don't take 'no' for an answer.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Don't anticipate much time today. I'd like to input my grades, so that I can then turn to something researchy. Maybe translation checking?
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 17, 2023, 08:44:27 AMDon't anticipate much time today. I'd like to input my grades, so that I can then turn to something researchy. Maybe translation checking?

Did all that, plus some quick fixes on my R&R.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I have a letter of reference to draft up today.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Congrats on the R&R, Parasaurolophus!
I got grades in last Friday and have been under the weather. I managed to structure the rest of the first chapter in my book and have a goal for word count per section, but that is all I felt like doing today.

Sun_Worshiper

• Make progress on paper #4 with colleague - R&R

Did some work on book project #1 today. Also got an R&R from a good journal, so adding that to my list.