News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

December Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, December 01, 2023, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Nothing on my end today. Too many other things need doing--including wrapping presents!
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

Quote from: Wahoo Redux on December 23, 2023, 04:56:16 PMRealized I am in danger of running out of time and over the word limit, so I excised a couple of sections from the book, at least for now.  They will be good articles later.  Holidays have many distractions, still trying to get work done. 

On time to get all my commentary done this month, should give me two months to finish it all up.  Having some stress dreams over the whole thing.

I am impressed. I need to increase my words. My goals each month in 2024 will be related to this book until my deadline. I am supposed to find out in January if our grant team's proposal is awarded.

Wahoo Redux

Quote from: darkstarrynight on December 24, 2023, 07:15:55 PM
Quote from: Wahoo Redux on December 23, 2023, 04:56:16 PMRealized I am in danger of running out of time and over the word limit, so I excised a couple of sections from the book, at least for now.  They will be good articles later.  Holidays have many distractions, still trying to get work done. 

On time to get all my commentary done this month, should give me two months to finish it all up.  Having some stress dreams over the whole thing.

I am impressed. I need to increase my words. My goals each month in 2024 will be related to this book until my deadline. I am supposed to find out in January if our grant team's proposal is awarded.

Well, I worked on this for years and then, out of a job, decided it was time to pull the trigger, but then, while I had a lot of inchoate writing done, I should maybe have tightened the whole thing up before sending off the proposal.  I should still be cruising into the deadline...I hope...like I posted, I'm having some fever dreams...
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Since I don't really have anything better to do while the toddler naps strapped to me, I'll probably do a spot of translation checking, then start another reading for my new prep.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 25, 2023, 11:55:22 AMSince I don't really have anything better to do while the toddler naps strapped to me, I'll probably do a spot of translation checking, then start another reading for my new prep.

Did a decent chunk.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Probably mostly just translation checking and reading for next semester.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 26, 2023, 08:07:59 AMProbably mostly just translation checking and reading for next semester.

Did those.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

Edited.  Edited.  Reordered the book I apparently lost (found it $4 used on Amazon).  Could have done more but went furniture shopping.  Didn't buy any furniture.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Only time for a little translation checking, I'm afraid.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Got a rejection for fit today, so I'll send that straight back out. And then some translation checking, sinec time is short.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 28, 2023, 03:51:45 PMGot a rejection for fit today, so I'll send that straight back out. And then some translation checking, sinec time is short.

Did those things. The submission portal for my preferred alternate journal wasn't working, so I went down the list. Hopefully the turnaround is quick--I don't want this one to linger overlong.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

I'd like to finish my translation checking, although I've wasted a good bit of time today, so we'll see.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on December 29, 2023, 11:15:33 AMI'd like to finish my translation checking, although I've wasted a good bit of time today, so we'll see.

Did that, set up most of my course pages, and did some R&Ring.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on December 02, 2023, 08:15:52 AMDecember goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleague - the plan is to submit to a workshop/conference with a January due date and the paper is basically ready to go, so I doubt this will get much attention
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues - the plan is to get it off to the next journal by the end of December; ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleagues - ball is in my court
  • Make progress on paper #4 with colleague - R&R
  • Review and submit proofs for book chapter #1
  • Finish and submit book chapter #2 w colleague - December due date
  • Make progress on my own book project (book project #1)
  • Respond to publisher's queries about book project #2

Did a tiny bit on paper #4 (R&R) today. Getting started is the hardest part, so I'm hoping this will help ease me back into this project.

I also heard back from the publisher about book project #2 and we'll need to respond to another query, so I'm uncrossing that from my list. I think we'll get the green light if we respond effectively to this last issue, so it is top of mind.

I'm hoping to focus my January on these two projects, amid a rather intense family obligation and the dawn of a new semester.