Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

March Research Thread

Started by Parasaurolophus, March 01, 2024, 08:17:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Everything old is new again.

Monthly goals:

• Generate and give conference presentation.
  • Submit contracted translation manuscript #2.
  • Finish straggling book chapter.
  • Start on the intro for translation project #3.
  • Comment on an acquaintance's projected reply to a paper of mine.

Stretch:
  • Open a new front (i.e. chapter) on the book project.
  • Polish up a languishing paper and send it out.
  • Start work on a new paper.
  • Start work on a chapter contribution due in August.

Just one of those stretches would be fantastic. There's no way I could accomplish them all.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Today, I will do a bit more spot-checking for the translation project, start another pile of marking, and try to have a nap.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

March goals:
  • Make progress on paper #1 with colleagues - it would be great to get this off by the end of March
  • Make progress on paper #2 with colleagues
  • Make progress on paper #3 with colleague - R&R, ball is in colleague's court
  • Make progress on book project #1
  • Make progress on book project #2 with colleague
  • Revise book chapter with colleague - due mid-March

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 01, 2024, 08:18:32 AMToday, I will do a bit more spot-checking for the translation project, start another pile of marking, and try to have a nap.

Did those things, minus the nap, which I'll try to have now. It won't be long, but every bit helps when every day is a 3-5am kind of day.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

More grading and prepping today, alas.
I know it's a genus.

Wahoo Redux

I have two weeks to the due date.

If I can keep this head of steam going I should be fine.  Hoping to finish this week and then have a week to noodle and format. 

This is like writing the dissertation all over again.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 02, 2024, 11:38:09 AMMore grading and prepping today, alas.

Did those. Not done yet, but I'm close to getting them out of the way.

Also convinced a friendly acquaintance to collaborate on a paper over the next year or so.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Probably just more grading and prep today. Hopefully I can start back on the proper research work tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 03, 2024, 09:20:11 AMProbably just more grading and prep today. Hopefully I can start back on the proper research work tomorrow.

Toddler didn't sleep, so I was unable to do anything.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Power is out for a couple of days, so progress will be minimal.
I know it's a genus.

darkstarrynight

March Goals
  • Write some chapters of my book manuscript
  • Work on book chapter due in June with colleague

Same goals as February...ayiyi! I just got through any changes in the most recent edition of the last source I needed. Now I really need to write my book.

Other excitement: a book chapter I coauthored is published (I got the PDF today and the hard copy of the book comes tomorrow in the mail), my sabbatical manuscript is finally under review after sitting for 8 months with top tier journal I really hope will publish it eventually, and my other book chapter may be out at the end of the month too according to the editor! Lastly...I found out I am getting promoted to full!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 04, 2024, 09:55:58 AMPower is out for a couple of days, so progress will be minimal.

Got ahead on my reading and got my slides preliminarily sorted before the computer died.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Hopefully I'll make a start on my conference talk during the commute.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 05, 2024, 12:12:03 PMHopefully I'll make a start on my conference talk during the commute.

Only got my prep done.
I know it's a genus.

Parasaurolophus

Feeling pretty ill today, so probably nothing.
I know it's a genus.