News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

When to follow up?

Started by moebius_strip, December 04, 2019, 03:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moebius_strip

Hello all,

Recently I got invited by a very big tech company to give a talk at their annual symposium. There I talked with the GM and CEO about the possibility of the company funding 2 Ph.D. students to work on topics related to the company. They seemed excited. However, the GM is not very responsive to my emails and in the last email I got 1.5 month ago he said that I should wait till he finds time to talk to the CEO. I followed up 2-3 weeks after that email and heard nothing. I am thinking of sending one last email and calling it a day. What do you think?

Thank you :)

Parasaurolophus

Sounds about right to me, although I think I'd probably wait a while longer.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Quote from: moebius_strip on December 04, 2019, 03:20:23 AM
Hello all,

Recently I got invited by a very big tech company to give a talk at their annual symposium. There I talked with the GM and CEO about the possibility of the company funding 2 Ph.D. students to work on topics related to the company. They seemed excited. However, the GM is not very responsive to my emails and in the last email I got 1.5 month ago he said that I should wait till he finds time to talk to the CEO. I followed up 2-3 weeks after that email and heard nothing. I am thinking of sending one last email and calling it a day. What do you think?

Thank you :)

Can you talk to him at the annual symposium?

bopper

moebius_strip

Thank you all. I took the plunge and send an email. Apparently the GM was away. I should have news soon. Fingers crossed!