News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Valentine's Day!

Started by clean, February 13, 2021, 05:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clean

I that you all have a great Valentine's Day!

Will you 'celebrate' in any particular way?

My local grocery store often puts "cold water lobster tails"  on sale for either $4.99 or $5.99 (i dont remember)
Well.... THIS weekend the SALE price is $13.99.

What can I say?

Oh, in other news, my parents' anniversary is Monday (2/15).  Long, long ago, I was tempted to send them flowers to mark the day.  The price was out of my range, so my parents Never get flowers for their anniversary!

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

I enjoyed rewatching "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown" and the two subsequent specials on DVD.  I also got myself some Valentine's candy.

statsgeek

StatSpouse and I usually go out for a "special occasion" dinner around (not on) the day. Since that's not an option this year, we're having Cinderella marathon with all the different versions available on Disney+. 

mamselle

Oh, that's right!

Today is Feb.14th.

Hmmm...dunno.

Hadn't thought about it!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

cathwen

Usually, we go out for dinner on Valentine's Day, but this year we're having take-out (we usually get take-out on Sundays).  I'll pull out all the stops next Friday, though—it's Mr. Cathwen's birthday.

I bought those candy hearts with little sayings on them, like "Kiss Me" and "My Pet" and "Hubba-hubba."  Except they seem not to have those sayings anymore.  It's "Yaaaas," "Let's Hang," "Gal Pal," and things like that.  Well, there's "Love You" and "Kiss Me", so there's some V-Day content in there.  I kind of like the old, corny ones. 

Other than that, I gave Mr. Cathwen a goofy card, and I got to pick out flowers at the grocery store yesterday (pink roses).  So that's about it for Valentine's Day this year.  And that's fine.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on February 14, 2021, 08:57:52 AM
Oh, that's right!

Today is Feb.14th.

Hmmm...dunno.

Hadn't thought about it!

M.

OK, decided.

Dinner: I'm making the salmon steak en croute I've been pondering over on the dinner thread, with parslied roasted sweet potatoes as a side, and a 1/2 mini-pecan pie for dessert.

Entertainment: Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman in "Indiscreet" (1958).

Dinner's in the over now, it'll take an hour, since the fish came hard-frozen, but that's fine: I'll be ready for a break from the film by then and will finish watching while eating.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ciao_yall

I got a post-it note on my laptop saying "Happy Val's Day."

After 29 years, that's something!

clean

We are in the midst of an ice storm, but I managed to get the grill going.  I grilled 2 steaks, cooked yellow rice, and yellow squash.  (I had planned baking potatoes but they had begun to sprout and were getting soft, so i switched to rice.  I think i over salted the rice, but my bride likes salt, so she thought it was great. 

I am not sure, but I may bake a brownie (ghirardelli double chocolate) and have some Blue Bell Vanilla ice cream.  ... But we are both adding bulk tonnage since the wedding, so an orange may be better for us for desert. 

Also the lights have been flickering and Im getting emails from students telling me that they have lost power and can not do their homework.  So I sure dont want to get a half cooked brownie! when I have 'fully cooked orange'.

We will exchange cards soon. 

clean

It looks like we skipped this thread last year, so I m bringing it back early this year!

Any Plans? 
Candy is still available on the shelves!  (we should mark the price so that we can reprise the Inflaaaation Thread next year) 

I was thinking of goint to dinner, but in a sort of Yogi- ism, I think "No one goes to dinner on Valentine's Day anymore.  It is too crowded".

So maybe I will find a steak to cook on the grill. 

The local grocery will spike the prices of lobster tails.  They go on sale regularly enough for 5.99 to 7.99, but for Valentines day, they are closer to $16 each!  and I can eat 2 myself! 

Anyway, What are you planning to do FOR your sweety?
What are your expectations FROM your Sweety?