News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What's your weather?

Started by polly_mer, May 20, 2019, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apl68

Pouring down, with distant thunder now and then.  I just had to drive through it to get to work to prepare to attend the church's online Easter service on my office computer.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

alto_stratus

It's gorgeous. 60s, sunny. Took the car out for a spin and went for a walk. Everyone was out: people, dogs, ducks. . . the turtles were sunning themselves. Nice. :)

ab_grp

It is in the low 70s and, again, quite windy.

paultuttle

A slow, sort of desultory rain is coming down right now. Overnight, things will pick up in both volume of rain and speed of accompanying wind, with 25% chance of tornadoes (!!!) just before sunrise.

Tornadoes. Now. Really??

<rummaging through our closets trying to find those suddenly-important ruby slippers)

AmLitHist

Very chilly (30s) and windy here.  When I got up, a squirrel had crawled up the back of a patio chair, with his tail plastered against the chair and hanging on for dear life. I guess he didn't want that tail to turn into a sail (a la Squirrel Nutkin).

sinenomine

There's a high wind warning (65+mph) in my neck of the woods.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

ab_grp

Quote from: paultuttle on April 12, 2020, 03:41:03 PM
A slow, sort of desultory rain is coming down right now. Overnight, things will pick up in both volume of rain and speed of accompanying wind, with 25% chance of tornadoes (!!!) just before sunrise.

Tornadoes. Now. Really??

<rummaging through our closets trying to find those suddenly-important ruby slippers)

I hope you stay safe from the tornadoes.  Daughter drove down to another state to take a nursing certification test and ended up being in a tornado watch area yesterday but was, fortunately, not affected.  It is so scary to see so many areas hit.  Now the area that she and my mother both live in is under a tornado watch for today.  Time to worry again!

We are having somewhat less windy weather today, which is nice.  It's sunny and breezy.

FishProf

Wind and driving rain.  Hot cocoa an blankets weather.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

alto_stratus

Lots of rain.  I'm glad I spotted a 10-minute break in the downpour and got out for a speedy, wind-whipped walk after lunch.  It was wind and downpour ever after.

hmaria1609

Went to bed hearing rain last night--it lasted until early afternoon. Strong winds too.  There was a tornado watch posted for the region.
A neighbor has a downed large pear tree in the front yard--a tree removal service will have to handle it.

apl68

Couldn't work yesterday because our library was without power or telephone service.  My house (and most others in town, from what I could tell) did not lose power.  My parents, elsewhere in the state, are still without power.  Lots of straight-line wind damage, but no tornadoes like the state had a couple of weeks ago.  Several other states have had considerable tornado damage.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

hmaria1609

Saw something interesting on my iPhone for my undergrad alma mater town--Overnight snow in the New England region! Not a common occurrence in April.

Parasaurolophus

A mix of sun and cloud with a forest fire on the mainland.
I know it's a genus.

FishProf

The 5 inches of snow is starting to melt; great heaps falling from green-leafed trees.  And it continues to snow...
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

brixton