News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Had a dream last night about $1,000 sweatpants. Woke up thinking "no way those exist" and not only do they exist, there is news about them.

In fact, one can spend a lot more than $1,000 for sweatpants. Is the market that big for people willing to pay that much? I have a pair from Sweaty Betty I thought were stupid expensive but... they are flattering. And comfortable. They are my nice sweatpants.

aside

While searching for a new laptop case last night I found prices ranging from $30 to $1400.  I wanna tell people not to buy a $1400 laptop case; buy a computer instead.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Langue_doc

I didn't realize that Ben & Jerry's was owned by Unilever
QuoteUnilever to Cut 7,500 Jobs and Spin Off Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Unit
The consumer goods giant said the moves would make for a "simpler, more focused company" as consumers trade down to cheaper brands amid high inflation.

ciao_yall

I bought a car online over dinner with my phone. Signing the paperwork on my phone and picking it up today.

Price and mileage were right and it's a cute color!

(Okay, slight exaggeration. Truth is I picked it out, then had to save the purchase while I moved some money around.)

apl68

Congratulations on the new vehicle, ciao_yall!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

apl68

We had a fire in town this week at a small industrial plant.  It's a little operation that has been open for a dozen years or so.  It is currently on its fourth owner and name.

Nobody was hurt, but you could see the smoke from here, about two miles away.  The authorities temporarily closed the main highway and evacuated the local big-box store out of an abundance of caution.  The plant makes chemical resins, so there was no telling what might have been pouring out of it.  Apparently it was only a structural fire, and nothing nasty was released.

The interior was reportedly damaged, but not gutted.  The owner came to town to announce plans to rebuild the plant and put it back into service.  Hopefully they'll follow through--and work some more on that whole fire prevention thing.  The current owner is not on the run from the law, so that's an improvement right there over past management.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

Parasaurolophus

I was trying to remember a series of books I rather enjoyed when I was in grade four. I struggled mightily, briefly came up with The Great Brain (which was possible, but didn't quite feel right), and suddenly just remembered: it was Soup!

I'm pretty proud of myself. It feels like a feat of memory. That, and remembering the real name of the teacher who introduced us to it, because he was called "Mr. D", but the D referred to his first name, not his family name.

Whew.
I know it's a genus.

apl68

We just got a batch of donations that included a whole armload of paperbacks about alien abductions.  And the collected works of Erich von Daniken, and a book on out-of-body experiences.  And the novelization of Close Encounters of the Third Kind, which at least professes to be fiction.

This all turned up anonymously on our doorstep.  Which is just as well, since sometimes when somebody donates a bunch of material on the same subject all at once it makes me feel like I've just learned too much about that person....