News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Only two pangrams, but 296/53. This is it for today.

Have a two-fer, probably the same one, as the words do "go together".

Back to grading, rather, comparing assignments to see if revisions, if any, have been made. It's going to be a long night.

Parasaurolophus

I fell just short of genius yesterday, and am well short of even 100 so far today. I dunno, I think I've lost the thread. But I'll keep at it, since it's an easy one-handed distraction!
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Yes on LB and related words. My b4ss was kind of a combination of the 2 words.

SB is at 47 words and 265 points with no going to the Wordplay column. 3 pangrams. The first one I found is probably the trickiest.

ab_grp

I haven't made any progress, too busy with chores and office rearranging.  But I am also not confident that I would have gotten any further.  Congrats on all the progress! Husband will likely be stuck at work well into the night, so I might work on it a bit here and there, and I still have to try to solve the hard sudoku.

reener06

Spelling Bee has a server error for me and can't be accessed! AAAAHHH! What am I supposed to do, get on with my day? I'm not ready for this.

cathwen

I hope that server starts responding!  Reener06, I am screaming right along with you!

Based on what others have written, I suppose that we all got burlesque-exotic for yesterday's LB?  And I guess we all found SB a bit tedious and had varying degrees of success, but no QBs.

Now to find some incantations and magical spells to get that server up and running!  How can I begin to work if I haven't at least taken a crack at the puzzles first?

Langue_doc

Morning all!

Genius and a pangram; haven't looked at yesterday's word list.

LB I think we have the same results.

Happy solving.

reener06

Whew, back up (although NYTBee not updated yet). Got to genius. My day can proceed now.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I am thankful to have missed the server mishap!

I also got burlesque-exotic.  And when we finally compared bee lists, I was missing tacet, husband was missing calcite, and we were both missing lacteal and ciabatta.  Oh well! He didn't get home from work until 10, so we were both pretty beat by that time, and we still had to have dinner and etc.  Ugh.  He's off for dose two in a bit, but coffee and puzzles starting... now!

Good luck and happy solving!

ciao_yall

SB - missed acetal, cabala, cabbie, calcite, cattail, celeb, ciabatta, electee, italic, lactate, lacteal, tacet. I underlined the ones I probably should have guessed. The rest? Okay. New words, or ones with alternate spellings.

LB - yep, burlesque-exotic. I really wanted to do something with quixotic.

Happy solving!

cathwen

So glad the server is up and running again!

I made genius and found a 2fer for LB.  I missed a whole bunch of words yesterday.  Today's SB seems less tedious...I think.

Now to attack the crossword while waiting for the call to come pick my husband up at the ophthalmologist's.  I hope he remembered his sunglssses!

ciao_yall

SB - Genius, but it wouldn't take orlon or funroom.

LB - 2fer already! Either they are getting easier or I am getting better at these. Of course tomorrow will probably be a stumper.

Parasaurolophus

Made it to amazing and one pangram yesterday. Easy genius and pangram today. Whew!
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Ciao_yall, I also wanted quixotic yesterday on LB.  Congrats on your 2fer!

And congrats to you on your 2fer, cathwen!

I made some bee progress, at 156, so Alpha, but the nytbee site seems incorrect today, saying a max of 132 points and 29 words, and that is clearly not right.  I wonder if that was created when the server was messed up.  I would like to know how many total words there are, but guessing the total points is easy enough.  One pangram so far and not enough points left for another.

Langue_doc

ab_grp, I got to QB with 132 points and 29 words.

Amazing is 66 points, so 132 for QB sounds right.

ETA  two-fer!