News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have one more word to QB, got GN4L and Alpha.  We compared when I had two words and husband had three left, so at least we have team QB.  I feel like this one is very similar to a recent one.  Mahatma was my final word as well.  Husband's was mammoth.  Congrats on QBABY, Langue_doc!

I rolled my eyes at the LB solution.  Blobfish?! I never got harmonica but had monarchial, monarchism and some others that left very few letters.   Congrats on your 2fers today, cathwen and Langue_doc!

Daughter continues to hang in there.  She is a trooper.  It's a lot of dental work to have done in a short period of time.  Thanks for the good wishes!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QB short a few words. Trying to avoid the grids/wordcounts for now.

Wasn't getting too far with LB then someone on FB posted a hint/spoiler so it's all done.

Parasaurolophus

Easy path to genius, no joy on LB yet.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Finally figured out the last bee word and much, much later got a 2fer!

cathwen

Good morning!

It's always that last word...I got to QB-1 ABM yesterday, but then resorted to Shunn to figure out the last one:  dandified.  Really?  Okay, then.

Today I am at genius with the pangram. 

LB:  I had the schmofficial misgiving-gunk, plus misgivings-sunk (less tidy).  I have a 2fer today as well.

Congratulations on the QBs, geniuses (genii?), and LBs yesterday!

Ab_grp, I hope your daughter continues to do well and is feeling up to the dance tonight!

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius so far. Last word yesterday was fief. I found dandified quite early into the puzzle. I keep trying fain, but it never works.

misgivings/gunk

ab_grp, hope daughter is doing well and can eat, and be out and about.

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - like cathwen... Really? dandified? Maybe I should start keeping a list of those "bee specials."

LB - misbehaving-gunk but that was after a hint/spoiler online. I already had heaving-gunk so I like to think I was pretty close.

Anyway, happy solving!

Langue_doc

QB, one weird word.

Two-fer!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I have three words to go for QB and got to GN4L but not Alpha yet.  Upon figuring out points/words left, I realized I don't have the pangram yet! But I didn't sleep well, and even the crossword was a struggle.  I had to look at the blog, which I almost never do.  Also had dandified as my final word.  I think husband's was finned.  Congrats on your QBABY, Langue_doc!

I also had the schmofficial solution yesterday.  Congrats on your 2fers today, cathwen and Langue_doc!

Thanks for the kind thoughts.  Daughter is having a lot of achy pain today.  She has been trying to hold off on taking the painkiller and just take ibuprofen.  Not sure she is going to feel well enough to go to a dance tonight, but that is not too surprising, unfortunately.  With all the Covid cases here, maybe not such a bad thing.

Still have to start and finish all the sudokus by 4.  Ugh! Hopefully coffee will kick in at some point.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Unfamiliar pangram, just try to form words. I meant to look up the meaning, but haven't gotten around to it.

Hope daughter is in less pain/discomfort.

Have to finish the crossword before 6.

ab_grp

Thanks and thanks, Langue_doc! I eventually found it and then the penultimate word, and I'm wondering if my final word is the weird one you mentioned.  Needed Shunn's help! Good luck on the crossword.  I still have to start hard sudoku.  Eek!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! And finished hard sudoku exactly at 4. Whew!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius--don't have the energy to slog through the rest of the puzzle looking for more words.

My last word was jinni--not sure how I found this word, but vaguely remember having seen it in a previous bee. Jouncing!!! Oh, well.

conflicts/swarm

Hard crossword today, which needs to be completed by 6.

Happy solving, all!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Two more words to QB, but I did get GN4L and exactly to Alpha.  We'll see.  Jouncing was tough! It sounds like a word on my periphery, but it took forever.  Junco was my final word, which is apparently both a bird AND a bush.  Thanks to Sam for hitting on the intersection of two of my worst categories.  It made me think of bunco. which isn't a word I've heard in a while.

Also got the schmofficial LB yesterday.

Good luck on the crossword, Langue_doc.  I just finished, but it took a little while to figure out.

Happy solving!