Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Morning!

QBwH for korma, morocco. Whatever.

LB close 2fer b4ss bakery-youngest and plenty of 3fers.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with the pangram.  Yesterday we almost had team QB (again!) but were both missing morocco (again!).  I was also missing backcomb, roam but did get korma, as it is a favorite.  I was glad to see it accepted!

I also got the schmofficial 2fer, basketry-young

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Korma was my last word yesterday, for which I needed a first-letter hint.  Today I am at genius with the pangram.

LB:  I also had basketry-young.  No 2fer yet today, though.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for golem and a few other oddballs I overlooked.

LB - 2fers. Got close with curlicue-enquiry-yoga and 2fer b4ss conger-reliquary, colleague-enquiry.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Yesterday was the first day of classes, so not much time for puzzling.  Around 5:00, I was missing five words, so went to letter hints to find molt, memo, motel, molly, and motet.  These are words that I usually get.

Today I am at QB-4 and stuck.

LB:  No 2fer yesterday!  Annoyingly, I found both the words in the "official" answer, but did not connect them.  I do have a 2fer today, though.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Relatively easy QB today. I didn't get back to the bee yesterday--I think I would have missed at least a couple of words had I persevered.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangram or a bit more so far.  Congrats on your QB, Langue_doc! Yesterday I managed QB, finally! Whee! I think motel, motet were some of my final words.  Not sure why they took so long.

No luck on LB, though.  Between the Q and the ER and the NG and OU and AI and whatever else was conspiring, no dice.  Congrats on getting one today, cathwen!

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find grody and ropy.  Today I'm at GwP with dim hopes of QB without hints.

LB:  I had the "official" cower-raunchily.  I found a 2fer today also.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Yesterday - QB-1 ABM then needed a hint for rigor. Facepalm.

LB - lower-raunchily.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Finally got to genius, no pangram.  Husband eventually found it, at least.  Yesterday we had team QB, but I needed help with grody, prior, priory, rigor.

No luck on LB, either.  Congrats on your 2fers cathwen and ciao_yall and on another today, cathwen! I was nowhere near the solution(s).

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! Kind of long though.  And I finally got the pangram but still have several words left.

Parasaurolophus

Blah. Pangram, but a few short of genius.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QBwH for hogan, longan.

LB was lots of 2fer b4ss including mandible-extrude, admirable-exuent, interminable-exude and a bunch of 3fers.

Happy solving!