News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with pangrams so far.  Yesterday I got busy and had a couple left at the end, and we didn't have team QB because of nonagon, nonagonal.  Guess it's been a while for those.  I also got tripped up on longan, agelong, and others, but I was happy that I remembered galangal right away!

For LB, I got extremum-multiband

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Pangrams and above genius. That's probably it for today as I'm visiting friends.

I spent most of the morning sitting on the deck, birdwatching interspersed with chatting. A few minutes ago, while working on the bee, I looked up to see what the buzzing near my left ear was. It was a hummingbird which first hovered between me and the plant on the table before taking off.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

I'm not quite at genius, but I have one pangram.  This might be a slow day. 

Yesterday I got to QB-4, but never got back to it because I had to rush my husband to the emergency room.  He had been feeling off all day, and in the afternoon I took his temperature (thinking he looked flushed) and it was 103.4!  Yes, Friday afternoon on a holiday weekend.  The doctor's staff told me to take him to the ER, where they put him on fluids and antibiotics.  After lots of blood work and a CT scan, they determined that it's a kidney infection.  He may be released tomorrow or Monday; he seems to be better today, but not 100%.  I'm in his hospital room now, and he is sleeping.

LB:  I had intertextual-limbed.  No 2fer yet today.

Langue_doc, how lovely to have the hummingbird visit, and so close! 

ab_grp

Cathwen, I'm sorry to hear about your husband and the trip to the ER! Good thing you took his temperature.  I hope he recovers well and can rest (you too on the resting!).  Congrats on your 2fer yesterday.

Langue_doc, enjoy your visit! And nice to have been visited by a hummingbird, too. 

ab_grp

Whew, finally got a 2fer! Still have to get back to the bee, though.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius with a couple pangrams so far.  I think I have all of them but will find out later.  And I got the crossword done.  Whew.  Yesterday we almost had team QB but needed help with nigiri, inurn(ing).  I needed help with a few others as well.

For LB, I had virtuality-yeoman, which appears to be schmofficial!

Got a friend call later, so time to get puzzles done...

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for inurn(ing), unrig(ging). LB just 2fer b4ss vermilion-naturally and several 3fers.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

A few pangrams and well above genius.

cathwen, sorry to hear about your husband's medical problems; hope he's recovering.

Parasaurolophus

Four pangrams, still nine points shy of genius. I'll try to finish it tomorrow.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Good morning!

Even with hints, I did not get the last two words yesterday: titivate and titivated.  Today I have one 8L word to go and am flummoxed. 

LB:  I had the "official" judges-spinach.  And I found a 2fer today.

My husband comes home from the hospital today!  We're supposed to have heavy rain this afternoon, so I would be very happy if he were released before it starts.  (The hospital is about a 25 minute drive in good weather.).

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwH for titivate(d). LB judges-spinach.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Got to genius with the pangram plus a bit so far.  We slept in a little, which was good.  Yesterday I had a ton left when we compared, including titivate(d), vitiate(d) and a bunch more, but we did have team QB! And it was nice to talk to my pal for a bit.

I got the same 2fer yesterday.  Congrats on another today, cathwen! And I am so happy to hear about your husband coming home today! I was a little worried yesterday.  Hope you can get out of there and beat the rain and that he continues to heal.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Finished yesterday's Bee fairly quickly this morning. I'm nearly at GWP today.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and above genius so far. Turned out that I missed only nonillion which I might have found if I had gone back to the bee later in the day. Oh, well.

Happy solving!