Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

QB with 2LL, and accidentally got into the hits so found blowout-trailblazing; unibrow-waltzing.

Today, GwP so far and a quick 2fer.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB today; one weird word.

Didn't get around to completing the bee yesterday.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Made it past genius with the pangram but not too much farther yet.  Congrats on already getting to QB, Langue_doc! I still had five or so words left when we quit yesterday.  I think aside from titular they were all pretty similar (larva(l), uvular, vulvar).  Guess I just wasn't seeing that pattern.

I had a good LB contender that only left two letters, but I couldn't make anything happen with it.  Hopefully today will be easier.  Congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Quote from: Langue_doc on April 10, 2022, 09:16:53 AM
Good morning!

QB today; one weird word.

Didn't get around to completing the bee yesterday.

Happy solving!

QB as well. Needed a hint for the weird word.

My 2fer was kind of a strange one but still keeping it. After unibrow, anything is game.

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBABM yesterday—last words were tiara and titular.

Today I am at Beta with five words to go.  One weird one, eh?  I'll keep that in mind! 

Congratulations on QB, Langue_doc and ciao_yall!

LB:  I had blowout-trailblazing.  I have one today as well.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Not with the contenders I thought were promising, though.

We both needed help with the same final two words, and I'm mad about both!

Langue_doc

Got a two-fer.

ab_grp, you must have found the weird word not weird after all.

cathwen

Good morning!

Odd experience with SB this morning!  When I opened it, it had 28 words already filled in.  Did anyone else experience that? 

Langue_doc

cathwen, I'm way ahead of you! According to the bee, I have 44 words with 192 points. I've seen this puzzle before.

I emailed the bee, but the old contact information for snafus seems to have disappeared. I hope I don't get the five-paragraph response/blather on how they "hand-curate" words.

backlift/tuner (I think these were the words--didn't write them down)

Happy solving!

cathwen

Wow!  44 words?  There are only 49 in the whole puzzle!  What a disappointment. 

I also had the feeling that I'd seen this puzzle before.  According to nytbee.com, the last time this same puzzle appeared was July 12, 2020.  But it feels more recent than that.  Oh well...

Yesterday I ran out of steam and with 2LL hints, found elope, ollie, pleb, and weepie.

LB was tactful-linebacker.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB, needed hints for bebop, weepie. LB brickbat-tuneful.

QB - I have 11 words filled in already!

Oh well, happy solving.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Well, I was at QB when I woke up, so easy day for me! ;-) Sam tweeted that there is a known issue and that a new puzzle will be rolled out shortly.  Husband had nothing filled in on his.  Our final words yesterday were pewee, weepie which are just dumb variant spellings I should have remembered, I guess.  Which one was the weird word, Langue_doc?

For LB I had cabinet-trunkful.  Lots of solutions again! I have a good contender today since I didn't have to do the bee, so I will be happy for that head start. 

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

Gah, only got halfway yesterday. I'll do better today.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Looks like the new bee is out, and it's much shorter than the original one.