NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

GWP just before bed, as I do.
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and finally, genius. I think that's it for today. Missed hangul.

bowed/declaration

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Not yet to genius, though I do have the pangram.   Eldest is out visiting my mom, and that included some unwelcome excitement initially (of the she-can't-be-located type) and now a lot of boring work figuring out her phone situation.  Anyway, we also missed hangul, though husband guessed it after as much help from Shunn as was humanly possible.  I was also missing hangnail, unhang, unhanging, unhinging, though at least I got unhung this time!

For LB, I am with Langue_doc in getting the non-schmofficial solution of bowed-declaration.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwALTHICG for hangul. LB incidental-lowbrow.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Last word yesterday was also hangul, found thanks to hints.  Today I'm at Alpha, but not sure I'll get to QB unless I get some fast hints.  Daughter and Grandson are due any minute now!

LB:  I had blower-rededication.  No 2fer yet today, and I might not have time to spend more time looking. 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius; didn't have the time to finish yesterday's bee, but saw that at least three words that I had entered don't appear in my solution list.

citizen/nowadays

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I didn't finish the Bee yesterday.  Codicil and collard were the two words outstanding.  Today I'm at Beta and stuck. 

LB:  No solution yesterday!  I did see citizen, but did not find nowadays.  No 2fer yet today, either.

Happy puzzling!

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Good morning!

I also made it to GWP, though I am having trouble seeing other words.  Yesterday I had a few missing including codicil, corolla, railcar, railroad.  And we didn't have team QB, thanks to dildo, for which we needed much help from Shunn.  Ugh.

No luck on LB! I didn't really have any good contenders, either.  Congrats, Langue_doc!!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwH for corolla. Maybe I should make a list of bee specials, but somehow it's more fun to find them - even with hints.

LB citizen-nowadays.

QB-3 and a 2fer for today. Happy solving!

ab_grp

Got a 2fer! Congrats on yours yesterday and today, ciao_yall! Good luck on your final 3 bee words!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius, but no pangram yet. Missed foofaraw.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

Echoing Langue_doc, my last word—found with 2L help plus a wild guess—was foofaraw.  And today I'm also at genius without the pangram.  Allegedly, there are 11 more words waiting to be found, but I'll be darned if I can see them. 

LB:  I finally got a 2fer:  hijacker-rouges.  No 2fer yet today—I'm finding this one particularly difficult.  But hope springs eternal!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to a bit past genius with the pangram.  It took a while! Too many things that looked like pangrams but were missing a letter.  Yesterday I managed to get foofaraw (after spelling it wrong) but missed a couple words (waif, warrior), and we were both missing wallaroo again.  Husband finally remembered it as I was loading Shunn. 

For LB, I had a slight variation: hijacker-rigorous.  Didn't try today yet, but it sounds tough!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning! QBwATHICG for foofaraw, wallaroo. LB was hijacker-rouges.

Got a 1fer today. Wow.

Happy solving!