News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangrams and some past genius.  I think I have 4 words left.  Seems like a tough one today in some ways.  Yesterday we went to bee buddy for help with glia.  I don't think I would have found that one on my own.  Like ciao_yall, my husband tried glial; however, he did not then try glia.

I also had the schmofficial whup-plagiarized.  I also thought it was fitting, cathwen! Congrats on another today, ciao_yall!

Cathwen, I am so happy to hear that your husband is home and resting.  Being in the hospital is tiring, going back and forth to the hospital is tiring.  It is such a relief to be home.  I hope whatever IV meds he needed are done or that the infusion clinic is a good solution.  I had not thought of that! In any case, continued best wishes for his recovery and for you both to get some rest.  I'm also glad you got your final bee words! Congrats!

Langue_doc, that is definitely an adventure! And awesome that serendipity stepped in and led you to another birder from your group and then to another welcoming bird group! It's wonderful that you had good birding luck as well. 

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

QB yesterday with Bee Buddy help for the last word, infinite—and I had finite!  I should not have needed help!  Today I have three words to go.

LB:  I had the "official" lumbago-orchid.  No 2fer yet today, though.

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. I think last words were gift, gifting.

Coronation and bird reports coming up soon (today or tomorrow).

cathwen, glad to hear that husband is home. Hope you both get some much-needed rest.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBwG, last word feigning. LB dumbo-oligarch. I was surprised it took dumbo but oh well.

Does anyone else get a little message saying "are you sure you want to restart?" Gah. I don't like the new interface.

Oh well, happy solving!

cathwen

Yes, I'm getting that message also, and I don't like it, either.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got the pangram and a bit past genius.  I think I have four words left.  Yesterday I made it to QB! Final two words were a total guess and one I thought I had: teff, fence.  I guess I'm the only one who didn't remember teff!

For LB, I got hamburg-godchild.  I thought marigold might lead somewhere, but no luck.  Congrats on all your solutions!

I meant to mention that message asking for confirmation to restart LB.  I guess they had to add that since they moved the restart button to where the delete button was.  They probably got some flack.  But I don't like it either! What a pain.  I don't understand what is optimal about the new design, except that now all the buttons and actions for the current puzzle are in one place, and they have the set up for a menu that I assume will eventually have more entries than just Yesterday.  Maybe it will also have a link to a forum or some such? This puzzle style is still different from their others, and they still don't have it in the app.  Maybe they are trying to pull it into the fold.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to genius but just one pangram so far.  Yesterday I needed husband's help with novae, and we both needed bee buddy for avocet.

Yesterday I got the schmofficial solution for LB.  I got settled on jinxing being the best contender pretty early, but it took me forever to find gearshift.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

QBw2LL, last word vacant. LB was nowheresville until a friend pointed me to gearshift, at which point I saw jinxing. Gah.

Tricky one today. For some reason it didn't take zen. But it was taking jefe, gaijin and other weird words yesterday. So... IDK.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

Just a few words left. Last words were cava and vacant.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBwH to find ovate, novae, and convect.  Today I got to QB, but only with a little help.

LB: I got jinxing-gearshift with a hint for gearshift.  Like ab_grp, I got jinxing early on, but did not see gearshift before the hint!  No 2fer yet today.  I have a good word that leaves two letters, but I can't find a way to make them into a word.  It's probably something obvious that will make me take that big American Heritage dictionary and bonk myself on the head when I see the answer tomorrow.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on May 13, 2023, 01:59:56 PM
Good afternoon!

QBwH to find ovate, novae, and convect.  Today I got to QB, but only with a little help.

LB: I got jinxing-gearshift with a hint for gearshift.  Like ab_grp, I got jinxing early on, but did not see gearshift before the hint!  No 2fer yet today. I have a good word that leaves two letters, but I can't find a way to make them into a word. It's probably something obvious that will make me take that big American Heritage dictionary and bonk myself on the head when I see the answer tomorrow.

Happy puzzling!

I think we both have the same word....

cathwen

Good morning!

QBwH to find candela, dancehall, and nacelle (last word).  Three words to go today.

LB:  I did not get a 2fer.  I found computable, with n and x as extras, but could not find a word with them.   Ciao_yall, was that your word, too?  I have a 2fer today.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

QBwHaHfH (QB with Hints and Help from Husband), last word nacelle.

LB - no 2fer. Yes, cathwen computable with the nz. I did get a 2fer b4ss compute-emblazon.

2fer this morning and back to the bee.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got pangram and a little past genius.  Yesterday we needed bee buddy help with clade, nacelle.  I need to remember the latter!

I did manage to get a 2fer! unpotable-eczema  I also got stuck on computable and figured it was what you were both stuck on as well.  It was difficult to drop it with only two letters left!! And I got a quick 2fer this morning.

Happy solving!

Langue_doc

Evening!

I probably have just a word or two left, but don't think I'll find it/them. Missed clade and nacelle.

Saw four or five sandhill cranes today--a couple sitting on a nest and one of the pair later engaged in what appeared to be a territorial dispute. It was worth a 6 AM departure and a four-hour round-trip drive.

Happy solving!