News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

ab_grp, LB is easy. Just finished tomorrow's crossword despite not understanding the theme. Hope you got to the sudokus.

Got to QB. It was the familiar words that got me down.

ab_grp

Thanks, Langue_doc! I gave LB a try and got a 2fer! I wonder who I might match with.  And thanks, I did finally get the sudoku done after much drama.  I will be interested to give the crossword a go tomorrow.  Congrats on QB!!

Congrats on your 2fer, OneMoreYear!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Several pangrams and genius. Probably no more puzzling today.

racing/ghostly

Happy solving, all!

ciao_yall

Morning!

GWP yesterday pretty quickly. For some reason I thought zircon was a fictional planet and zirconia was a trademark but glad I tried them!

LB - pretty much off the bat got rocs-scathingly, racing-ghostly.

On to today's!

ab_grp

Good morning!

I think I have four pangrams and made it to GN4L but have a conference today and tomorrow so will have to work mostly during breaks.  Yesterday my final words were ocarina, czarina.

For LB, I had scathing-glory.  Lots of solutions again!

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

I am currently at genius with five (count'em!) pangrams.  Nine words to go.

Yesterday I made QB, but only because of hints from WordPlay.  Arnica and ricin were my last two words.  I might have gotten ricin if I had been more patient, but would not have gotten arnica in a million years.

LB:  I had crashing-ghostly. Not as efficient as racing-ghostly, but it made me think of things that go bump in the night.  No 2fer yet today, despite some good contenders.

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Quote from: cathwen on November 01, 2021, 08:23:54 AM
Good morning!

I am currently at genius with five (count'em!) pangrams.  Nine words to go.

Yesterday I made QB, but only because of hints from WordPlay.  Arnica and ricin were my last two words.  I might have gotten ricin if I had been more patient, but would not have gotten arnica in a million years.

LB:  I had crashing-ghostly. Not as efficient as racing-ghostly, but it made me think of things that go bump in the night.  No 2fer yet today, despite some good contenders.

Happy puzzling!

I was about to complain about the same thing! Except at Amazing with 4 (I think) pangrams and a ways to go before Genius. One pangram I just sort of made up but hey, it took.

onthefringe

Clearly the NYT LB was going for topical with the schmofficial scaring-ghostly. I was out in left field with one of the times you find a great word and in poking around for a pair you think "wouldn't it be ridiculous if this word was accepted...huh, who knew" leaving me with... cryostat-thingling

Impressed as usual by the comparative efficiency of Langue_doc, ciao_yall, and ab_grp.

ab_grp

I've picked up a couple more words but am still missing the fifth pangram.  I think I have 5 words left.

Onthefringe, that is probably one of the more interesting solutions I think we've encountered! Congrats! You never know what they'll take. 

ciao_yall

Genius with 4 pangrams, and 3fers coming out of my ears.

ab_grp

Well, I have only picked up one word in the last two breaks, but it was the final pangram! Still not at alpha, though.  Argh! But conference day is over, so time to start the sudokus and get more time on LB and everything else to catch up on.

Parasaurolophus

Only three pangams so far for me. Nearly at genius.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 01, 2021, 03:17:44 PM

4th pangram was a word I kind of made up. So I wonder what the 5th one is.

Meanwhile, 3fers and 2fer b4ss.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ciao_yall on November 01, 2021, 06:06:09 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 01, 2021, 03:17:44 PM

4th pangram was a word I kind of made up. So I wonder what the 5th one is.

Meanwhile, 3fers and 2fer b4ss.

Hmm...

I found another pangram, but I'm still a ways away.
I know it's a genus.

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - missed diatonic as the last pangram. I recall thinking I wanted an e to do dietetic. Onward...

LB - 2fer b4ss clouding-grandbaby, clouding-grabby. And lots of 3fers including bod-dub-bracingly. Onward, indeed...

ETA: GWP and 2fer. My day is complete.