News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

I've got 4 more words to QB.  Husband only has 2 left.  I think noncom was my final word yesterday.  Congrats on your QBs, cathwen and Langue_doc! I hope to join you!

I had no luck on LB, so congrats on your 2fer, cathwen! And congrats on another one today! Getting up early must suit you!

Langue_doc, the SW and W stumped me for longer than usual this morning, so good luck.  Sorry to hear you've got more plagiarism to deal with, and from the same student?!

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QB - last word was monotonic.

LB - duskier-reactivity, reactivated-dusky, Nowhere close to the schmofficial solution. I run with a crowd on Facebook with a few retired folks. At last count one had 5 2fers!

Also got my legs waxed yesterday. Today we have to do some shopping and get new phones in preparation for our December trip to Portugal.

ETA: GwP, 2fer.

Parasaurolophus

Had an easy time of genius and the pangram today.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

We finally got to QBABO.  My final word took a while, but it's been in there before.

I had a long meeting, so no attempts at LB yet, but congrats on your 2fer, ciao_yall! And congrats on your two yesterday and your friend's 5... wow! Exciting that you're going to Portugal, too!

Langue_doc

ab_grp

Congrats, Langue_doc! I just picked up a 2fer as well.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

QB--familiar words today.

Last word yesterday was arroyo.

backhoes/swing

Happy solving, all!

Portugal does sound exciting.

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - GwP. Also got up at 3AM and hit GwP again pretty quickly.

LB - backings-snowshoe. And a 3AM 3fer already. Hope the 2fer is nigh.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Lucky to have an easy QBABM today! Husband has one more word left but should get it soon enough.  My final word yesterday was amyl.

For LB, I had backswings-shoe.  Multiple solutions again!

And the crossword was not super difficult, so yay.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

QBABM and a 2fer. 

Yesterday, like Langue_doc, I had backhoes-swing.

Ab_grp, a trip to Portugal sounds fabulous!  Lucky you!

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Congrats on your QB and 2fer, cathwen! But ciao_yall is the lucky Portugal traveler.  I just live vicariously through all the people I know who go to Portugal!

I've got a couple reasonable contenders but no 2fer yet.

Parasaurolophus

Easy genius and pangram, well on my way to QB.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

Quote from: ab_grp on November 13, 2021, 10:32:56 AM
Congrats on your QB and 2fer, cathwen! But ciao_yall is the lucky Portugal traveler.  I just live vicariously through all the people I know who go to Portugal!

I've got a couple reasonable contenders but no 2fer yet.

Oops!  Ciao_yall, that will be a wonderful trip.

ab_grp

Well, now that it's out in the universe, maybe ciao_yall will take along a suitcase stowaway?

Langue_doc, I enjoyed your brine post on the Thanksgiving thread and forgot to say that there!

cathwen

Good morning!

Beta with pangram so far, but I have no idea where the rest of the words could be hiding.  Yesterday my last word was heme, which I now remember having seen before, and which I got by combining letters randomly.

LB:  I had the "official" solution:  acquaint-thyroid.  I have a 2fer today.

Will there be room for one more in ciao_yall's stowaway luggage?  I've never been to Portugal! 

Happy puzzling!