News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Congratulations on QBABY, ab_grp!  I'm not there yet—I have three words to go.  And congratulations, ciao_yall, on your QBWATHYCG! 

Yesterday my last word was (of all things) emote.  An easy word, yet I just didn't see it until I looked at a hint.  Ugh!

LB:  I had undramatic-convicting.  Perhaps they were convicting the grandmum, ab_grp, and she accepted her conviction without screaming and insisting on her innocence?

Parasaurolophus, congratulations on GWP.  And you say there's a French Wordle?  I must check that out.

Happy puzzling!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer!

Cathwen, I hope you were able to find your words.  I don't know about your Grandmum theory, though she may have been playing innocent.  My mom tries that once in a while, but we've caught on to her ways.

Parasaurolophus, I am also interested in a French Wordle! Though I can barely finish the English version some days.  And congrats!

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: ciao_yall on January 23, 2022, 08:06:45 AM

Yesterday, GwP. Last word was hellhole. It took collet but not echolocate?

I just remembered that I forgot to complain about that! WTF?

Quote from: cathwen on January 24, 2022, 09:36:28 AM

Parasaurolophus, congratulations on GWP.  And you say there's a French Wordle?  I must check that out.

Happy puzzling!

Quote from: ab_grp on January 24, 2022, 04:41:41 PM

Parasaurolophus, I am also interested in a French Wordle! Though I can barely finish the English version some days.  And congrats!

https://www.solitaire-play.com/lemot/

Weirdly, I seem to be much better at it than at English Wordle, although I'm pretty good at that, too. I think it's just that I've figured out what must be pretty much the best first word, whereas to get the same effect in Wordle I still have to use two. (Weird because although I'm a native speaker of both languages, English is the language I work and read for pleasure in.)
I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Genius and then the pangram. QB yesterday; I'm not sure what the last words were as I had open tabs on two devices--words that you type in don't automatically transfer to the other device unless you open a new tab or use a third device as was the case yesterday.

Forgot all about LB.

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

My last word yesterday, found with a hint, was tinging.  I had tried ting, which was rejected.  Oh well.... Congratulations on your QB, Langue_doc!

Today I am four words from QB. 

LB:  I had mixer-refluction.  I found a 2fer today, too.

Parasaurolophus, thanks for the link to French Wordle!

Happy puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning!

QGWATHICG and flume-excretion. Woke up in the middle of the night and achieved GwP and a few 3fers.

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Good morning!

We each got to QBABO again this morning.  Thank goodness husband finally found the pangram, since I was having a hard time being quiet about it.  Good luck! Yesterday tinging was also my final word.  I guess I thought it would have an e.

For LB, I got fluorine-excitement.  Another bunch of solutions! Congrats on another 2fer today, cathwen.

Thank you, Parasaurolophus!

Happy solving!

ab_grp

Finally got a 2fer! I was a little surprised that it wouldn't accept one of my attempted contenders.

I am going to try out French Wordle now, though I suspect there are several reasons why I will not be super successful.  I can't honestly think of too many French words right now (hope they come back in a flood!).  Also, I am mostly successful at word games because I am good at letter frequencies and collocation, and I have a lot less understanding of those aspects in French! But might as well give it a try!

ciao_yall

QBABM kind of sneaked up on me. And a 2fer.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Pangram and genius. I don't think I have the time or energy to look for more words today. Last word yesterday was noob; found the others without much difficulty.

conventional/lobotomy

Happy solving, all!

cathwen

Good morning!

My last word yesterday was bonbon, with hubbub the next to last.  Today I am at QB-3 and stuck. 

LB:  I had the "official" caveman-nobility

I have a 2fer today, too, but may look for a more economical solution if I have time (doubtful).

Happy puzzling, everyone!

ciao_yall

My last word yesterday was hobnob.

inevitable-economy.

Not started yet today. But first, kickboxing!

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

We each have four or five words left to QB, so we'll see.  Yesterday, I think my final ones were honeybee, bonobo.  I was having trouble not singing or humming the pangram, from one of my favorite musicals: https://youtu.be/TxhUgvBpoQM (South Pacific)

I also got the schmofficial solution for LB yesterday.  More good solutions yesterday!

I tried the French Wordle yesterday and could barely think of one word.  Got one letter right, and in the right spot, and managed to get a second word that gave me another correct letter in the correct spot.  And that's as far as I got! I will try again.

I'll be stuck on the phone and Zoom for most of the afternoon so need to get the Sudokus and Duo in earlier than usual.

Happy solving!

Parasaurolophus

The trouble with the French Wordle is that it includes a lot of regionalisms and colloquialisms... from France.
I know it's a genus.