News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Coronavirus

Started by bacardiandlime, January 30, 2020, 03:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: spork on December 23, 2020, 09:38:29 AM
There are now a dozen confirmed coronavirus cases at my mother's retirement home. One of them is my mother. She has had a sore throat since the weekend but no cough, fever, or other symptoms. All the other residents who tested positive also have only mild symptoms.

I'm sorry to hear that, spork.

apl68

Sorry to hear that, spork.  Glad to hear that so far the symptoms have been mild.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

apl68

Quote from: apl68 on December 22, 2020, 01:29:26 PM
The last week or so we've had a lot of stories about libraries in the state paper.  A city council member in a hard-hit city has made noises about cutting their library's budget if they don't open more fully.

And the cuts have been voted down.  Apparently the rest of their city council didn't see things that member's way.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AvidReader

There are now a dozen confirmed coronavirus cases at my mother's retirement home. One of them is my mother. She has had a sore throat since the weekend but no cough, fever, or other symptoms. All the other residents who tested positive also have only mild symptoms.

Keeping your mother and her housemates in my thoughts. Stay strong.

AR.

hmaria1609

Stockmann

I'm so sorry, spork.

Harlow2

Spork, thinking about your mom and you both.

nebo113

Spork.....Is it independent living or does it include an assisted living/nursing home component?  Regardless, I am so so sorry and relieved that her symptoms are mild, though that does not prevent anxiety on your part.

AmLitHist

Sending good thoughts from here, too, to Spork and mom.

My good friend/colleague with COPD isn't doing well with her case.  She's still at home at the moment but feeling pretty bad.  Her pulmonologist is monitoring her, but at the moment COVID/ICU beds in St. Louis are hard to come by.

Langue_doc

Spork, sorry to hear about your mother. I'm assuming that she's probably not allowed to have any visitors, which must be doubly difficult, more so because of the not-being-able-to-visit during the holidays.

Cheerful

Sorry, spork.  Hope it's some comfort to you that she doesn't have other symptoms.  Wishing all the best for her, the other residents, and you.

notmycircus

Spork, I hope your mom is well soon.

spork

Thanks everyone. My mother's symptoms haven't changed; just a sore throat and runny nose. According to the nurse who examined her, her lungs are clear and she doesn't have a fever. There are now 32 residents and 7 employees who tested positive. This is technically an independent living facility, but it's a single building that contains one-bedroom apartments and several common areas (which haven't been in use for several months).

My sister-in-law is also doing ok with only mild symptoms. My brother has zero symptoms. He hasn't been tested since he's asymptomatic. They are quarantining at home.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

Hegemony

Continuing good wishes to your mom, Spork.

I know this virus is very dangerous to many and nobody should underestimate it. I have a friend in her 80s who is living in an assisted-living facility, and when they tested everyone, they found that a number of residents had contracted the virus, including my friend. She never had a single symptom!  It is several months out and she sailed through it. Of course it could have been a misdiagnosis, but several others did have symptoms, some serious, though I believe they didn't lose anyone. Still, it was heartening to learn that some elderly people sometimes do come through it without major trouble. We need all the good news we can get!

reener06

FIL woke feeling dizzy and then coffee tasted like water, and he's quite fatigued. It took them all day to tell us, then we begged them to get a taste. He's angry that MIL told us and is reluctant to get the test but supposedly is going tomorrow.