News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Coronavirus

Started by bacardiandlime, January 30, 2020, 03:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ciao_yall

Yeah, it's turning out the "can live on surfaces for 2 weeks thing" turns out to not be such a big deal after all.

jimbogumbo

So, the Big14 starts football, and Wisconsin is looking great after their opener!

Sadly, the quarterback tested positive and is out 21 days. And now, so many players and coaches are positive the game Saturday with Nebraska is cancelled.

Economizer

Is there the looming possibility that our pets be subject TO MANDATORY Coved 19 testing?
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

spork

No. Is this a conspiracy theory you picked up from Breitbart?
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

secundem_artem

Quote from: Economizer on October 28, 2020, 01:47:25 PM
Is there the looming possibility that our pets be subject TO MANDATORY Coved 19 testing?

Why don't you try and put a 6" swab up the nose of a German Shepherd or a Pit Bull.  Then get back to us and report back if this still seems like a good idea.

Seriously dude, where do you come up with this stuff?
Funeral by funeral, the academy advances

Economizer

Covering all the bases. Maybe that is not a good thing to do at present.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

kaysixteen

Covering all the bases?   Did you really think of this yourself, or was the kernel of this idea planted in your mind from some reading or listening source of yours?

But let's work with this, see how it plays out: say the governor of your state (I do not know which one that is), *acting on the best scientific recommendations from his professional advisors, decides that public health needs would in fact require mandatory pet testing for covId-19 (note spelling)... on what basis would you, if you own a pet, refuse such an order, and why?

mahagonny

I might have missed something. I gathered that cats and dogs can get the virus but cannot give it to us.

Parasaurolophus

Well. Looks like the US is back at it, breaking records again. I can't imagine the numbers of new cases will improve over the next few weeks, given that so many people will be voting in person. It's really astonishing how thoroughly unprepared the country is, 10 months in. The first wave never stopped.

I know it's a genus.

Cheerful

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 30, 2020, 08:37:53 AM
Well. Looks like the US is back at it, breaking records again. I can't imagine the numbers of new cases will improve over the next few weeks, given that so many people will be voting in person. It's really astonishing how thoroughly unprepared the country is, 10 months in. The first wave never stopped.

Europe ain't doing great, either.  There are no words for this $!@% virus.

Stockmann

Quote from: Cheerful on October 30, 2020, 09:35:46 AM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on October 30, 2020, 08:37:53 AM

Europe ain't doing great, either.  There are no words for this $!@% virus.

Belgium, at the heart of the EU, is doing much worse than the US - though even before this wave Belgium already had worse numbers than any other country except Peru. Meanwhile, Taiwan has already passed 200 days with no new local covid transmissions, and domestic tourism is booming in Wuhan.

apl68

The number of active infections has grown far worse in our county over the past week.  I don't know whether there are any theories for what's caused the spike.  I haven't yet heard of any particular super spreading events.

A staff member just lost an in-law unexpectedly yesterday.  Not to Covid--he was a greatly obese man in his early 50s who had had a severe heart attack last year and refused to lose the necessary weight to give the doctors a chance to treat him.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

mamselle

Quote from: apl68 on November 04, 2020, 06:39:56 AM
The number of active infections has grown far worse in our county over the past week.  I don't know whether there are any theories for what's caused the spike.  I haven't yet heard of any particular super spreading events.

A staff member just lost an in-law unexpectedly yesterday.  Not to Covid--he was a greatly obese man in his early 50s who had had a severe heart attack last year and refused to lose the necessary weight to give the doctors a chance to treat him.

Were people traveling to political events out of the area?

Depending on the events, that might have caused the spike.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

apl68

Quote from: mamselle on November 04, 2020, 05:37:43 PM

M.

I suppose that's a possibility, but I haven't heard of people doing that.  I've never gotten the impression that we have many around here who are the rally-attending type.

Anecdotally, in recent days people have been taking social distancing and such much more seriously.  We're like so many places--caught in a cycle of relaxing vigilance, followed by tightening it when the virus blows up again.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

nebo113

Quote from: apl68 on November 05, 2020, 07:39:00 AM
Quote from: mamselle on November 04, 2020, 05:37:43 PM

M.

I suppose that's a possibility, but I haven't heard of people doing that.  I've never gotten the impression that we have many around here who are the rally-attending type.

Anecdotally, in recent days people have been taking social distancing and such much more seriously.  We're like so many places--caught in a cycle of relaxing vigilance, followed by tightening it when the virus blows up again.

A local church hosted a Halloween outdoor gathering that apparently involved over 150 people.  The pastor swore they were following "science and even distributed bottles of hand sanitizer with the church name on them.  When challenged in a FB group focused on local coronovirus issues, he did allow as how maybe sorta perhaps not everyone followed the rules.  Then he called me "honey".