News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Best wishes for the start of Fall semester

Started by mythbuster, August 17, 2020, 06:47:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mythbuster

Today is my first day of Fall classes so I want to wish everyone here good luck and reliable internet. All of my classes are remote, including the one lab I am teaching. In many ways I feel very lucky to have that setup. But I fully expect this first week in particular to be exhausting in both the ways the first week always is and in new and ever frustrating ways.

So good luck everyone, whenever your first day is of this crazy Fall 2020.

mamselle

Chime.

Especial good thoughts and wishes for the health and safety of those at risk due to short-sighted policies and requirements.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Parasaurolophus

Agh, that's so early! Good luck!

For my part, I don't start until after Labour Day. So I won't put significant work into teaching until early September, at which point I'll probably record a few weeks' worth of lectures.
I know it's a genus.

Aster

My home internet keeps crapping out throughout the day, and I'm not allowed to come onto campus and use my office.

Feelz bad.

HigherEd7

Good Luck! Here we go thank you for the all of the responses and tips now let's see how it works :)

sprout

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 17, 2020, 09:34:32 AM
Agh, that's so early! Good luck!

For my part, I don't start until after Labour Day. So I won't put significant work into teaching until early September, at which point I'll probably record a few weeks' worth of lectures.

Oh, thank goodness.  We don't start until mid-september.  Your post gives me hope that I might not be already enormously behind in prep.