News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

the "things you wish you could say" thread

Started by archaeo42, May 30, 2019, 01:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishbrains

Um, yeah, about that: The "You do you" concept doesn't apply when you're a total a$$hole.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

the_geneticist

Look here neighbors: I do not have a dog.  Therefore, I should NEVER have dog poop in my yard.
If your dog does the pooping, YOU do the scooping.  I don't care that the dog "belongs" to just one of you.  I don't care that only one of you is willing to pick up the poop.  Your stupid compromise of letting your dog poop in MY yard and then letting it sit until the "owner" comes to get it is just rude.  If you don't want to scoop it, then have the dog poop in YOUR YARD.

mamselle

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 22, 2021, 12:21:27 PM
I'd like to tell the dentist down the road to shove their $40,000 quote up their ASS for SO's teeth. Maybe I should?

Or down their gullet...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

FishProf

Quote from: mamselle on June 24, 2021, 12:19:02 PM
I'd like to tell the dentist down the road to shove their $40,000 quote up their ASS for SO's teeth. Maybe I should?

Or down their gullet...

M.

I thought this was a reply to the dog poop comment.

It should have been...
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: FishProf on June 24, 2021, 05:22:59 PM

Or down their gullet...

M.

It should have been...

Ewwww.

mamselle

Quote from: evil_physics_witchcraft on June 24, 2021, 06:34:02 PM
Quote from: FishProf on June 24, 2021, 05:22:59 PM

Or down their gullet...

M.

It should have been...

Ewwww.

Moral: One can never control where a thread goes after you post to it....

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ab_grp

I was stewing over something but started hearing it to the tune of "Beauty School Dropout":

Oh, teenage driver! Why didn't you get your wiper changed?
Oh, teenage driver! Your inaction leaves me deranged!

More to come, probably.  Some of the current lyrics are not fit for print on a public forum.

fishbrains

Who the f*ck buys their teenager a donorcycle unless they have stock in funeral homes? Good grief.
I wish I could find a way to show people how much I love them, despite all my words and actions. ~ Maria Bamford

mamselle

To friend who's been told she needs to clean up her apartment or leave....

"FINE. Undo the work we did Tuesday, setting up a trestle table and putting all your sewing under it because you didn't like the tablecloth we used (?).

Don't let me organize the stuff on that wall because it's more convenient to leave the extra paper bags there, even though they're in the way of a whole column of boxes that could be sorted and stacked evenly.

Put stuff all over the floor in the room we did clear Tuesday, because..I don't know why. Because.

You don't seem to be getting the picture that this is serious, rents are up 200.00/month and they want you OUT of there, and calling for a fire inspection is a really quick way of doing it.

I'm done.

(I did try to say parts of this, and was told "I just didn't understand her...." At least she got that part right.)

M.

Vkw10

Quote from: mamselle on July 01, 2021, 03:27:02 PM
To friend who's been told she needs to clean up her apartment or leave....

"FINE. Undo the work we did Tuesday, setting up a trestle table and putting all your sewing under it because you didn't like the tablecloth we used (?).

Don't let me organize the stuff on that wall because it's more convenient to leave the extra paper bags there, even though they're in the way of a whole column of boxes that could be sorted and stacked evenly.

Put stuff all over the floor in the room we did clear Tuesday, because..I don't know why. Because.

You don't seem to be getting the picture that this is serious, rents are up 200.00/month and they want you OUT of there, and calling for a fire inspection is a really quick way of doing it.

I'm done.

(I did try to say parts of this, and was told "I just didn't understand her...." At least she got that part right.)

M.

Sounds like your friend has a mental health issue. It's frustrating and usually futile to try to help someone who doesn't realize that they need help.
Enthusiasm is not a skill set. (MH)

mamselle

I wouldn't have thought so before (this is someone I've known for a very long time).

But the weird childish, supercillious glint in her eye when she started insisting I  didn't "get" her was worrying, as were the evasion to my questions, "Well, do you want to move?" and, "Should we save a few broken-down boxes, rather than throwing them out, in case they do evict you?" made me worry that she's stepped further into the magical thinking zone than I'd thought,  or ever seen before.

Giving her a day's space and time before I check in again, it's her place, after all.

M.

M.

fishbrains

Harlow2

Dear admin critter,  you are now very far out on a limb increasingly unlikely to hold your weight.

ergative

Dude, we're talking about fountain pen designs that we didn't like very much. Did you really have to yank the conversation into a metaphor for how women are ultimately disappointing despite their initial blinding attractions? I'm sorry you're going through a bad breakup, but please leave the misogyny out of an internet forum discussion about writing implements.

the_geneticist

It is not my job to do [thing].  I know you would really, really like me to do [thing], but it's actually YOUR job.  And teaching you how to do [thing] is also NOT my job.