News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Spam! Starting Mandatory “First Post” Approval

Started by eigen, May 31, 2019, 09:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamiam

Hi all - I was active on the old forum long LONG ago (before facebook) and enjoyed the banter and community. Moved away from my involvement in these boards as I preferred the actual connections with actual people I know on other social platforms. I do see the utility of anonymity with regard to our career issues in this truly bizarre field.

Looking forward to reconnecting with anonymous "friends" old and new!

mouseman

Quote from: Tamiam on July 27, 2019, 09:46:44 AM
Hi all - I was active on the old forum long LONG ago (before facebook) and enjoyed the banter and community. Moved away from my involvement in these boards as I preferred the actual connections with actual people I know on other social platforms. I do see the utility of anonymity with regard to our career issues in this truly bizarre field.

Looking forward to reconnecting with anonymous "friends" old and new!

It has been a long time, and I'm very happy to see you again - welcome back!
"Just the place for a Snark!" the Bellman cried,
   As he landed his crew with care;
Supporting each man on the top of the tide
   By a finger entwined in his hair.

Lewis Carroll

namazu

Welcome/welcome back, ArcaMajora, phi-rabbit, wildcollards, prof_beardo, xywei, DoohickeyTech (you clever robot, you!), phattangent, alto_stratus, bio-nonymous, and Tamiam!

InfoPri

Howdy, Tamiam!  I remember you from long ago...

craftyprof

polly_mer

Quote from: craftyprof on August 03, 2019, 02:45:52 PM
craftyprof here, reporting for spam check.

You want eggs with that spam?  Toast?

Good to see you here, craftyprof!
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

vitanuova

Spam check time! I was a dedicated lurker on the previous site but hoping to be more active here.

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

sylvie

Making my mandatory first post. I was a heavy lurker and rare poster in the Chronicle forums, but I exchanged a few quips with Pry back in the day, among others. I enjoy sitting alone in the fora cafeteria watching the popular kids interact, ha ha.

polly_mer

mytiaraisaskew

Hi gang!  Finally found the new fora and am forthwith posting for spam check.

eigen

Quote from: mytiaraisaskew on October 07, 2019, 12:21:12 PM
Hi gang!  Finally found the new fora and am forthwith posting for spam check.

Welcome aboard!
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

mamselle

It's  Charlie in the 'MTA' ! (I always wanted to say that before...)

Welcome, it's good to see your moniker again.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

formerly_the_fiver

Greetings! I was never a super-active poster, and rarely even lurked in the last years of the Fora, but I've found many of the threads helpful, and enjoyed feeling like a (peripheral) part of this community. I probably won't post too much here either, but I would like to have the potential to do so.

May I join you?

polly_mer