News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Affirmation Thread

Started by polly_mer, June 01, 2019, 11:14:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

polly_mer

Sometimes, you just want someone to agree that you're on the right path and the world is in the wrong.

Post here for anything that is legal to do and be affirmed that you are doing the right thing.

For example, I am here instead of diligently at the office working on the report that was due yesterday.  It turns out the real report is due in several months and yesterday's deadline was just to ensure we have a complete first draft done now before we have a leadership change in a couple weeks.  I'm ordering a pizza and having a good meal before I go in to tackle the last little bit of my part.

What are you doing for which affirmations are in order?
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

sinenomine

I could be working on a project about curriculum development, but it's nice out, so I'm sitting on my patio, enjoying some relaxation. I feel affirmed already!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

mamselle

I've spent the last five hours sorting out Quickbooks entries for donations that were incompletely documented (by my boss) and need to be sorted out so the proper thank-you's go out.

There is no swing dance tonight (boo), and the dog-walking/wifi-using option (for watching BBC reruns...) has been waived until tomorrow.

It's chilly but sunny; thinking of a walk with only my purse and no bookbag along, and maybe food at some point along the way.

Us good go-bees gotta have some of the honey, every now and again...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

Sineomine: A relaxed person will always result in better work when the time to work comes.  Of course you should enjoy a nice, weekend day on the patio.  You deserve it!

Mamselle: Take that walk and see what looks good for food.  You've put in plenty of time today and you'll return refreshed to the task when it's time to finish up.  A relaxed person will make fewer mistakes.

mamselle

...like mistaking the "d" for "g" in "do-bees!"...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

polly_mer

Quote from: mamselle on June 02, 2019, 09:17:21 AM
...like mistaking the "d" for "g" in "do-bees!"...

M.

I thought you were using new slang.  Go-bees help ensure we go in some useful direction as a result of all the doing of the do-bees.  Being busy is not the same as being productive.