News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

TBH, you're not at all qualified, from what I can tell.
I know it's a genus.

aside

polly_mer

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 08, 2020, 10:40:48 AM

Lots of people do lots of things for years and somehow never get more qualified.  It's a mystery.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

mahagonny

I am qualified to tell you about lots of stuff, but you may not be qualified to hear.

mahagonny

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on November 08, 2020, 10:40:48 AM

Whatever you may  think you know of this poster's background, there are black people who hate white people, despite your refusing to comprehend it.

mamselle

Who says some don't?

But taking them to be the majority is as bad as the other way around.

If you don't stop grinding that one axe down, you'll wear it and your fingers to a nub.

Look up, look around you and take a differential calculus on love.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

aside

Willful ignorance is the worst kind.

FishProf

If you can't tell a difference between sex with a minor and sex with a coworker/boss, you are beyond any help that I can give.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

marshwiggle

Quote from: FishProf on November 10, 2020, 08:45:48 AM
If you can't tell a difference between sex with a minor and sex with a coworker/boss, you are beyond any help that I can give.

So if it's an adult student and a prof, there's no problem.
It takes so little to be above average.

little bongo

Yup. Back to the quiet room for me, I think. Sometimes, a bitch just gets tired.

AmLitHist

Quote from: little bongo on November 10, 2020, 10:31:09 AM
Yup. Back to the quiet room for me, I think. Sometimes, a bitch just gets tired.

I just snorted my iced tea when reading that--something I don't think I've done all this long COVID year.  Congratulations (I think), little bongo!  :-)

FishProf

Quote from: marshwiggle on November 10, 2020, 09:51:06 AM
Quote from: FishProf on November 10, 2020, 08:45:48 AM

So if it's an adult student and a prof, there's no problem.

Notice that I said A difference.

Your hypothetical would be a different problem, which some people may not care about.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.

aside

What a circus.  There be clowns here.  But they're not funny, at least not in a good sense.

mamselle

Where ignore-ance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise...

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

little bongo

Quote from: AmLitHist on November 10, 2020, 12:04:55 PM
Quote from: little bongo on November 10, 2020, 10:31:09 AM

I just snorted my iced tea when reading that--something I don't think I've done all this long COVID year.  Congratulations (I think), little bongo!  :-)

Thanks for sharing that, AmLitHist--I hope it didn't get all over your keyboard!