News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Post your asides here

Started by aside, June 05, 2019, 09:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downer

I never liked a movie enough to see it more than a few times. Seeing a movie more than that would spoil it for me.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."—Sinclair Lewis

mahagonny

I used to go to the movies with Nostradamus, but no more.

marshwiggle

Quote from: downer on July 22, 2021, 07:46:28 AM
I never liked a movie enough to see it more than a few times. Seeing a movie more than that would spoil it for me.

Same for me. If I've seen a movie more than a few times, it's because somebody else chose to watch it and I was there. (About the only things I've chosen to see several times are How the Grinch Stole Christmas and A Charlie Brown Christmas. And that would still be at most once a year.)
It takes so little to be above average.

mahagonny

Famous, vain movie actor: "I starred in ________ _ ________. You know my work."
Maxwell Smart: "Right. I liked it so much, I saw it once."

Carol Channing: "I do so love going to the movies, don't you? Just once, I'd like to see a picture as good as the one they're showing next week."

She was a gem! Loved her.

Not related: I've figured out what your problem is. You think nothing could be worse than President Donald Trump (again). There are things that could be vastly worse, and if we're not careful, we may find out what they're like.

namazu

Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

namazu

Aside to my aside: As I was looking up the origin of ^that expression, I discovered that I may deploy it differently than others. Hmm.

mahagonny

A poll, like:

How many of you diners at posh city restaurants like violent crime? Does it make the right statement, or does it need tweaking? What's the correct way to interpret the voting?

Istiblennius

Thanks for the reminder that you can't fix stupid.

ciao_yall

Haven't you already broken all your crayons by now?

evil_physics_witchcraft

My brother is a conspiracy-loving idiot.

jimbogumbo

So how many different people actually post on your account? Or do you have multiple personalities?

mahagonny

Quote from: jimbogumbo on August 12, 2021, 05:45:58 PM
So how many different people actually post on your account? Or do you have multiple personalities?

Leave your name and I'll tell them you stopped by.

mahagonny

you can stalk me and respond, or you can boast about ignoring me. But doing both is funny.

Liquidambar

It's like the blind leading the blind, but I can't be bothered to type my more experienced opinion.
Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all. ~ Dirk Gently

FishProf

Was "lit behind" supposed to be "bit behind"?  Both version made sense in context but convey opposite meanings.
I'd rather have questions I can't answer, than answers I can't question.