News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Gardeners: how's it looking?

Started by polly_mer, June 12, 2019, 06:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

The zucchini has flowered, and the corn has tassels.
I know it's a genus.

sinenomine

My wildflower garden is attracting lots of bees, butterflies, and yellow finches — a lovely distraction from work!
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 15, 2021, 10:47:34 AM
The zucchini has flowered, and the corn has tassels.

Was the corn knee-high by...you know...??

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

San Joaquin

I finally have tomatoes!  Let the feasting begin!

Harlow2

Quote from: San Joaquin on July 15, 2021, 12:03:03 PM
I finally have tomatoes!  Let the feasting begin!

Me too!  And some lunchbox peppers and enough beans for dinner! Most things will really ripen when we are away on vacation, but I hope neighbors will eat well.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Students planted lemongrass and ginger. I'd like to have rows and rows of it, but for now we just have a few plants.

spork

My tomato plants are turning yellow because of all the rain. Rabbits have munched the tops of my carrot plants. Insects are eating my Swiss chard and basil. It has not been a good year for vegetables. I do have a huge crop of Thai chili peppers though.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

Parasaurolophus

I've got a few ears of corn and more silking, many zucchinis, some snow peas, still more kale than I know what to do with, a few chives, and the patipans are starting.
I know it's a genus.

Harlow2

Many jars of yummie tomato sauce and dehydrated tomatoes despite blight. 3 lunchbox pepper plants that are prolific and sweet. Basil looks like a small shrub. Tiny grape arbor produced pretty well despite spotted lantern fly presence. Just planted a little lettuce for the fall. Kale is out of control.  It hasn't been an outstanding season, but decent enough. On the bright side, we've had so much rain that I've only had to water 3 times since May despite everything in containers.

How's it going for others?

Parasaurolophus

I'll be harvesting the corn today.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Do you rent a John Deere tractor, or just walk around for a bit?

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Puget

Quote from: Harlow2 on August 19, 2021, 07:26:01 AM
Many jars of yummie tomato sauce and dehydrated tomatoes despite blight. 3 lunchbox pepper plants that are prolific and sweet. Basil looks like a small shrub. Tiny grape arbor produced pretty well despite spotted lantern fly presence. Just planted a little lettuce for the fall. Kale is out of control.  It hasn't been an outstanding season, but decent enough. On the bright side, we've had so much rain that I've only had to water 3 times since May despite everything in containers.

How's it going for others?

Likewise with the tomatoes -- the plants don't look great with the blight but are still producing a ton. Some tomatoes are splitting from all the moisture. Basil has grown into a forrest. I really need to make a can tomato sauce and make and freeze pesto but I was out of town last weekend and am running an orientation program all weekend.

And let's not even talk about the lawn mowing. . .

"Never get separated from your lunch. Never get separated from your friends. Never climb up anything you can't climb down."
–Best Colorado Peak Hikes

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mamselle on August 19, 2021, 10:21:06 AM

M.

Ten tractors: one for each stalk!
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2021, 01:21:05 PM

M.

;--}

M.

mamselle

Quote from: mamselle on August 19, 2021, 02:24:50 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on August 19, 2021, 01:21:05 PM

M.

;--}

M.

This just showed up....I'm from Ohio, with lots of corn-fields, and I never heard of it....

https://www.newsweek.com/tiktok-hack-stripping-corn-cobs-kernels-bundt-pan-1620019

M.