News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cathwen

Good morning!

Congratulations, ciao_yall and Parasaurolophus!  And ab_grp on your second LB solution!

SB:  My last word was gelée.  I must watch those -ee words!  The day before, I missed mentee and melee (mêlée), and before that, invitee. 

Today I am at Beta with the pangram. 

LB:  Yesterday I got overamp-patriarchal, which is different from the "official" solution of chocolatier-revamp.  I wish I'd seen chocolatier—that was my great-great-grandfather's profession in France, according to family documents.

I found a 2fer today without too much trouble.

Happy puzzling!  Looking forward to seeing all the LB solutions.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Last words were needle and needled.

Pangram and genius today.

metaphoric/clove and emphatic/clover

Happy solving, all!

ETA: cathwen, look out for tutee and electee as well.

ciao_yall

Morning!

SB - last word was gentled because I was adding random endings to words.

LB - photovoltaic-creme.

onthefringe

LB yesterday got velociraptor-rematch as my 2fr. Found today's schmofficial 2fer. I did find some ... interesting things along the way that were accepted or not as "words" today, but won't comment until tomorrow to avoid contaminating the pool.

ciao_yall

onthefringe, that's a good one! My favorite part of this thread is seeing everyone else's 2fers.

Quick genius and 2fer this morning.

Not a lot of words, so good chance at QBABM again except I'm sure there are some "bee specials" so Sam can remind me who is boss.

ab_grp

Good morning!

Got to QBABM.  Husband is struggling and hasn't found the pangram yet, but I don't think the word list was too tough overall, even if some were a bit harder to see.  Gentled was the word I was referring to yesterday when I said try suffixes with everything! I didn't think that was a word.

For LB, I got remap-photovoltaic (husband got photovoltaic-clamper) and then vampiric-chortle.  A ton of different solutions!! Congrats on getting one today, cathwen! And a having a chocolatier in the family sounds good to me.

More computer issues and still have to finish the review.  Argh.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Short of QB by 2 or 3 points, which means it's a few 4 letter words. Haven't gone to Shunn yet because I'm trying to do ABM, though I know from FB that I'm missing an H word according to the chatter.

Langue_doc

ciao_yall, I sent you a hint--ignore the PM if you'd rather not see the hint.

ciao_yall

QB - hint from LD, and looked at Shunn to see which 4 letter word I was missing.

So... Voila.

ab_grp

Congrats on the QB, ciao_yall! And Langue_doc, if I missed it!

Finally submitted extensive review of revised MS and haven't even looked at LB.  Time for some wine, easy tomorrow sudoku, then LB and then collapse.  Well, mindless TV first and pad Thai.  Why does mental work sometimes feel as exhausting as physical work?!

Langue_doc

Congrats on getting the review done, ab_grp. Yes, mental work does result in physical exhaustion. Enjoy the wine and pad Thai.

Sending you a PM for the two-fer.

Congrats also on getting to QB ab_grp and ciao_yall. And everybody's LB.

ab_grp

Thank you so much, Langue_doc! Got the 2fer!

Langue_doc

Good morning!

cynic was my last word. I still don't know what chanty means but added the y indiscriminately hoping for a hit.

Pangram and above genius. Seems as though it's going to be a slog today, so I'm not sure if I want to look for more words.

gambit/soliloquy; tried to find a mate for loquat, but had to give up.

Happy to have been of help--I might be the one needing help today as that pesky q has turned up again in today's LB.

Happy solving, all!

onthefringe

For letterboxed, how do you find the "official" 2fer? Is it the  one listed at "letterboxedanswers dot com"?

On my way to yesterday's "gambits-soliloquy" I was amused to see that "quim" was an acceptable word, somewhat surprised to see that "bigly" was an acceptable word, and confused that squamata was not an acceptable word.

Langue_doc