NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Parasaurolophus

Three pangrams and somewhere in Beta.
I know it's a genus.

cathwen

QB with some help from Shunn.

Congratulations on the 2fers, ab_grp and onthefringe!  And on Beta and the pangrams, Parasaurolophus!

ciao_yall

QB because there were so many words I needed the Wordplay definitions. As soon as I saw the definition of the word I was missing I plugged it in.

Still just have 3fers for LB. May go to the solver site. Or not.

ciao_yall

Quote from: ciao_yall on July 19, 2021, 07:38:31 PM
QB because there were so many words I needed the Wordplay definitions. As soon as I saw the definition of the word I was missing I plugged it in.

Still just have 3fers for LB. May go to the solver site. Or not.

Update - hit the solver site. That was a tricky one!

ciao_yall

Morning! Where is everyone?

SB - Last few words were goofing, infilling, nonillion, woofing. Today, genius with pangram. Short one but I'm sure there are some "bee specials" awaiting.

LB - factotum-mingle which was official, thanks to a nudge from the solver site. Did anyone get anything else? I had a quick 3fer off the bat foe-enacting-glum and a few others but not sure I would have found factotum. A few 3fers already today.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good morning!

SB:  My last word yesterday was fifing.  Today I am at QB-3 and cannot begin to imagine what the final three words could be!  I hope they occur to me later.

LB:  I warned you that one of the words was an eyebrow-raiser (as in, is it really a word?).  But it was accepted, so I am not complaining:  cameo-outfling.  I guess one could have a flinging contest, and that one person could fling something farther than anyone else (thereby outflinging them), but really.... I was going to go back and try for a more normal pair, but just didn't have time.

Today I have a 2fer with very normal words.  Congratulations on your 2fer yesterday, ciao_yall! 

Happy puzzling!

onthefringe

LB: I (finally) found factotum-mingle yesterday after a LOT of struggle. I was hoping people found others, and am impressed by cathwen! Anyone else find anything different?

Today I have actually found three different 2fers (though each pair shares a word) and I'm going to stop now and await tomorrow's reveals!

ab_grp

Good morning!

Cathwen, I am also at QB-3 and shaking my head.  I think husband still has 5 words to go but is at 98 points, and I'm at 93.  Trying to get to Alpha before doing any comparisons or Shunning, but whew.  I have no idea what's left.  Good luck! I think fining was my final word yesterday.  I had to use Shunn and for some reason miscounted everything and thought I had a 7-letter fo- left, but it was a 6-letter fi-.  Durr.  That held me up for a while.

I also got the schmofficial LB solution.  Factotum was my first contender, and I didn't want to let go of it, but I don't know why mingle took so long.  I think I was trying too many -ings.  I like outfling! Congrats on already getting one today.

Happy solving!

ciao_yall

Easy 2fer, still cruising along on SB at 21 words/86 points. Would like to break 100 before I take a peek at Shunn.

ab_grp

Congrats on the 2fer, ciao_yall! I think Alpha is 99, so 100 would be a good threshold.  Good luck.

Husband zoomed past me and has one word left.  I now have two.  We know what they start with and how long they are, though I'm not sure if that will help.  But we definitely have team QB, at least.

ab_grp

Finally made it to impure team QB.  Kept trying something like my final word, but it took a while.  Ugh.

Bunch of contenders for LB, but still no mates yet.

cathwen

Finally made QB, thanks to a couple of definitions on Wordplay. 

Congratulations on your QB, ab_grp!  And onthefringe, I am very impressed by your three 2fers!  Can't wait to see them tomorrow.

ab_grp

Yay! Congrats on the QB, cathwen!

And thanks for noting that about the 3 2fers by onthefringe! I totally missed that! Congrats on your solutions, onthefringe!

You are all having a much easier time of it with LB today.  I will try again in a bit.

Parasaurolophus

For once I saw the 2fer right away, but am still working on the bee.
I know it's a genus.

ab_grp

Congrats on the 2fer, Parasaurolophus! Since I think everyone already has one besides me, I hope it's safe to say that I just saw your moniker in there b4ss.  So close! Maybe I will see some words that work at some point now that I have finished other stuff.  Good luck on the bee!