News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

NYT Spelling Bee

Started by nebo113, August 28, 2020, 05:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langue_doc

Afternoon!

I missed a couple of words but at least six words that I had typed in much earlier didn't show up in my solution this morning. I do have to double-check the list on my computer just to make sure that the words have been accounted for. Oh, well!

I got to genius early this morning when I woke up at the crack of dawn, but then went back to sleep.

marigold/depute

Happily ripping seams without my glasses, so I might be prioritizing sewing over the puzzle today.

Happy solving, and congrats to those of you who have reached royalty and doubles.

ab_grp

We made it to impure team QB with help from Shunn from my final 2 words and husband's final 4.  They weren't really difficult, a little bee-ish but not too bad.  Good luck!

Sorry to hear about your missing words, Langue_doc.  And our LB solutions were quite similar! It's great that you are able to rip seams now without glasses.  Enjoy!!

Ciao_yall, I like your LB solution!

Time to get back to sudokus before the next round rolls out.

cathwen

Good afternoon! 

I made it to QB today with hints from Shunn for the last two words.  Congratulations, ab-grp, on your QB!

Yesterday I did not make QB—I want to say that my excuse is that I was on the road most of the afternoon, and then visiting with Middle Daughter & Co. for the evening, but in truth, I would never in a million years have found eidetic.  I might have found deice/d, eddied, and étudeDeicide would have been a stretch.

For yesterday's LB, I had plumaged-droit.  Lots of variety with this one!

No 2fer today, though!  Alas...

ab_grp

Congrats on you QB today, cathwen! I think it's a pretty good excuse, in any case.  Shunn had one word as starting with ei and I could not figure it out for the life of me.  Couldn't be eight (or variants) or eider, etc.  Husband had to give me a clue.  I wonder if our final words were the same today.

And congrats on another different LB solution yesterday! I don't have one today, either, despite a fair number of promising contenders.  I'm sure you'll figure it out if it can be figured out!

Hope you are enjoying your time with the Middle Daughter crew!

ab_grp

Okay, finally got a 2fer!

ciao_yall

Quote from: ab_grp on July 24, 2021, 04:45:31 PM
Okay, finally got a 2fer!

Cool beans! I'm still in 3fer-land. I have some good X words but they don't set anything up.

ciao_yall

QB WATHICG and a 2fer thanks to the solve site. I had found one of the words but took some staring to find the second.

Only one reasonable solution on the site so probably a tricky one.

Parasaurolophus

I know it's a genus.

Langue_doc

Good morning!

Made it to QB yesterday--once I found the pangram, the other words weren't too difficult. cocci was the last word.

Pangram and genius today; not sure if I can get unstuck as far as the rest of the words are concerned.

waive/excursion

There's still the crossword to be completed before 6 PM.

Happy solving, all!

onthefringe

After a three day lull of being stuck at 3fers (though I was proud of my 3fer of coronaviruses-sew-wax yesterday), I finally found a 2fer today.

Happy Sunday Puzzling!

ciao_yall

Morning, and congrats on everyone's 2fers already.

I'm still in GwP (Genius with Pangram) and lots of 3fers.

SB - my last words were a few oddballs - minim, tinct, tutti. Of course I remembered tomtit.

LB - waive-excursion with help from the solver site. I had gotten warm with waive-excuses-sonorous and thought I was getting somewhere with vixens-sources-saw.

onthefringe great find with coronaviruses! Love those words that eat up a lot of letters - bummer when they leave all the odd ones. Congrats on the 2fer! If you ever get stuck there is a solver site.

ab_grp

Good morning/afternoon!

Husband and I each got to QB today independently without any help! We had the same final word.  Good luck! I think my final two yesterday were unction, union, and his were cocci, tutti.

I got basically the same 2fer, just wave-excursion.  Congrats on getting one already today, onthefringe, and coronaviruses is a good one!

Crossword seemed to take longer than usual today and have slightly more trickiness than a usual Sunday (which is typically just long).  Luckily the bee was short, but we took time out to make some banana pancakes and get the yogurt-marinated za'atar lamb going.  Still have hard sudoku to do before the changeover.

Happy solving!

cathwen

Good afternoon!

Today I made QBABM (!!!) right before breakfast.

I never did find a 2fer yesterday, although I had waivers—if I had just taken off the suffixes, I might have seen excursion, but I did not.  Today I have a 2fer, although I think the second word is a little iffy. 

Congratulations on the QBs, 2fers, geniuses, and all other accomplishments! 

Happy puzzling!

Langue_doc

Just completed the crossword. Whew! QB earlier this morning.

Now I can think about dinner. Happy dining!

ab_grp

Congrats on the QBABYs, cathwen and Langue_doc! I totally forgot that term when I posted earlier. 

Cathwen, congrats on your 2fer today! And it took me a while to get excursion.  I had excision and thought boy I wish I could use up a couple more letters, and then that came to me, and wave followed.  I have a couple good ones today but no mates.

Langue_doc, looks like you got the crossword in just a bit before rollover! Whew!! Happy dining!