News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

What does Fuel Cost in your Neighborhood?

Started by clean, June 18, 2019, 11:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamselle

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

hmaria1609

Now $3.51 at Costco and Sam's Club in town. (I'd filled up at $3.46 last night) $3.75 and up at most other stations.

dismalist

Quote from: mamselle on March 02, 2022, 07:00:36 AM
Consider any temporary increases as a small donation towards the support of Ukraine:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/03/01/politics/us-strategic-petroleum-reserve-release-latest/index.html

M.

Alas, Russia is a big oil exporter and Ukraine is an oil importer. A high oil price helps Russia and hurts Ukrainian citizens.

The way to hurt Russia is to include her energy exports in the sanctions, raising price further for us, the buyers, but allowing Russia less revenue from oil sales because they would be allowed to sell a lower quantity. This has not been done. Imports of energy from Russia have not been restricted.

What bugs me about Western policy is that the words sound nice, weapons are donated, but please, do not ask us to sacrifice by getting cold in winter or hot in summer. Seems we are for freedom so long as we are comfortable.
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

clean

Just Monday it jumped to $3.29 and Today!! I am seeing several stations at 3.45!.... That is almost 30cents in less than 4 days!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

hmaria1609

Filled up at $3.80 during my Costco run today. (Same price at Sam's Club) Quite a jump from earlier this week! $3.99 and up at other stations.

dismalist

Inflation adjusted, we're still not nearly at the 2008 price for crude.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

There is political chat about banning imports of Russian oil to the US. Depending on how other countries deal with Russian oil, if effected, that would mean a small or larger further price increase for gasoline here.

Hell, it's good for the environment!
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

sinenomine

It went up to $4.29 yesterday; last week it was $3.55.
"How fleeting are all human passions compared with the massive continuity of ducks...."

clean

In less than 10 days we have gone from $3.12 or so to $3.79 on the way to work today!!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

euro_trash

Hold onto your hats....$8.75 a gallon here in old Europe
spork in 2014: "It's a woe-is-me echo chamber."

niceday in 2011: "Euro_trash is blinded by his love for Endnote"

I'm kind of a hippy, love nature and my kids, and am still a believer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3n4BPPaaoKc

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: euro_trash on March 07, 2022, 12:02:38 PM

Oof!

$5.75 in this expensive corner of Canada.
I know it's a genus.

traductio

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on March 07, 2022, 12:04:27 PM
Quote from: euro_trash on March 07, 2022, 12:02:38 PM

Oof!

$5.75 in this expensive corner of Canada.

About US$5.30 / gallon in my slightly less expensive corner of Canada. (My Norwegian relatives always have me beat, though.)

hmaria1609

Now $3.96 at Costco and Sam's Club. $4.19 and up at the other stations.

mamselle

I suspect cynics are taking advantage of the rumor mill to raise prices even before an oil/gas embargo has been approved--which may not happen (despite the unusual convergence of bipartisan opinion between those from oil-competing states and those with more ethical concerns in mind...), if Biden doesn't agree.

I also heard an interesting comment on a newscast, which was new to me (probably well-known to others). The late John McCain was said to have claimed that Russia was just "a gas station masquerading as a country."

Perhaps I shouldn't comment, though, since I last owned a car in 1984.

M.   
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

dismalist

Quote from: dismalist on March 05, 2022, 08:04:22 PM
Inflation adjusted, we're still not nearly at the 2008 price for crude.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/crude-oil-price-history-chart

There is political chat about banning imports of Russian oil to the US. Depending on how other countries deal with Russian oil, if effected, that would mean a small or larger further price increase for gasoline here.

Hell, it's good for the environment!

Well, US is banning imports of Russian fuels. Given the quantities involved, the EU promise to cut imports of Russian fuel by 2/3 this year, almost credible, is the bigger deal.

I think this matters.

[On the other hand, think of the US not selling oil to Japan and its consequence and compare it to the West not buying oil from Russia and its possible consequences. No, I don't think they will be similar.]
That's not even wrong!
--Wolfgang Pauli

evil_physics_witchcraft

I got it today for $4.199/gal. which includes a 10 cent/gal. discount. I drove past a bunch of $4.299/gal. and one $4.599/gal., which stood out from the rest.