News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

A Skill-Building Thread?

Started by smallcleanrat, May 07, 2021, 08:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallcleanrat

I'm interested in starting a thread where people can share their experiences/get advice on learning new things.

Would a single, general thread be acceptable, or is it more appropriate to have separate threads depending on the skill/activity (e.g. a thread for learning languages, a thread for learning musical instruments, etc...)?

mamselle

I think there is one for instruments, haven't seen it surface lately (I'm behind in practicing the ones I play now, new ones aren't on my radar!)...

As to languages, I tried a conversational French thread on the old Forum, but it got sort of clunky with the requirement to translate everything into English as well....so it did go for a little while, but died.

Neither were exactly like the "encouragement" threads for runners, readers, etc., so a different approach might indeed work.

Good idea, at any rate.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.