News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Evaluation metrics

Started by Vid, May 20, 2021, 07:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vid

Hello All,

I will have a busy summer with multiple training workshops. I need to evaluate a summer camp program for K-12 students this summer as well as evaluating an online workshop for industry and professional Engineers. What are your great suggestions for evaluation metrics to do this? I need some creative metrics. Any brilliant suggestions?

Thank you, folks, wishing you a fun and splash summer!
"I see the world through eyes of love. I see love in every flower, in the sun and the moon, and in every person I meet." Louise L. Hay

spork

Probably not "exciting," but pre-test/post-test helps lead to a credible and actionable evaluation.

Please stay away from participants' self-reports about what they learned. They are usually completely bogus.

Edited to add: if the K-12 camp emphasizes engineering/project management, the camp might be interested in the marshmallow challenge as a pre/post activity. It's cheap and simple to run. Average height of structure would be a simple indicator of pre to post differences, suitable for a t-test.
It's terrible writing, used to obfuscate the fact that the authors actually have nothing to say.

Vid

Excellent points. Thank you very much, spork.
"I see the world through eyes of love. I see love in every flower, in the sun and the moon, and in every person I meet." Louise L. Hay

San Joaquin

I usually start from their learning outcomes....no learning outcomes?  Then let's get some drafted so the targets can be identified.  :-)