Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Votes have Second Thoughts About Biden

Started by mahagonny, May 28, 2021, 09:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 16, 2021, 08:18:36 AM
Quote from: mahagonny on July 15, 2021, 03:19:03 PM
I too thought the 'insurrection' (if that's what it was) was disgraceful and I spent a good two or three weeks in shock from it. But the things I've seen since then are altogether different. Sure, republicans give lip service to agreeing with Trump, but that doesn't mean they believe the election was flat out stolen. It may turn out Trump was the last thing standing between our beloved nation and the budding theocracy of antiracism. Although I still have hopes that some of the conservative intellectuals (most of them black) can step up to the plate and save us. Ibram Kendi is the man of the hour and he is an antisocial cult leader. Harris and Biden are looking more and more like they're just riding his coattails while they can. The only freedom Trump would have deprived us of would be the freedom to not choose him as president. the other group will take away much more than that.

Smh at conservatives thinking that we should have overthrown American democracy because they are so afraid of "anti-racism." Doesn't get much more anti-American than that folks.

I didn't say that. Read more carefully please. The January 6 events happened. I cannot influence the dynamics leading up to it by what I think about afterward. What will happen now is a matter for speculation. I was upset by the January 6 events.
Also, sometime ago I posted that if Trump were re-elected I feared that he would act to have the two-term limit repealed. Many forumites agreed, with shared concern. Though they had not thought of that.
But I do appreciate your use of quotations for the term 'anti-racism' since we know it is a lie. Thank you.

Quote from: Istiblennius on July 16, 2021, 08:17:12 AM
I guess I can understand how anti-racism would feel threatening to you if you are a straight-up racist.

That discomfort that some white folks are feeling around how people are talking about race that they just cannot seem to deal with? That is a tiny fraction of the discomfort and inconvenience experienced by BIPIC folks in how they are talked about and treated due to - wait for it - race. But because it is now happening to white people (OMG we're being stereotyped because of our skin color - how appalling), suddenly it's the existential threat of our time. It would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

From the liberal views handbook, 2021 edition.

Question: do you think we need a new branch of government that can dictate policy and censor all the present existing ones? Staffed with people the president of congress may not appoint, the public doesn't elect, whose only credentials are training in Kendi's dogma? Nothing happens until it is 'precleared' by these eminently wise and beneficent folks. If you do, you are certified 'anti-racist'.
It's OK to say 'wait...I'm not sure.'

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mahagonny on July 16, 2021, 08:28:33 AM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 16, 2021, 08:18:36 AM
I too thought the 'insurrection' (if that's what it was) was disgraceful and I spent a good two or three weeks in shock from it. But the things I've seen since then are altogether different. Sure, republicans give lip service to agreeing with Trump, but that doesn't mean they believe the election was flat out stolen. It may turn out Trump was the last thing standing between our beloved nation and the budding theocracy of antiracism. Although I still have hopes that some of the conservative intellectuals (most of them black) can step up to the plate and save us. Ibram Kendi is the man of the hour and he is an antisocial cult leader. Harris and Biden are looking more and more like they're just riding his coattails while they can. The only freedom Trump would have deprived us of would be the freedom to not choose him as president. the other group will take away much more than that.

Smh at conservatives thinking that we should have overthrown American democracy because they are so afraid of "anti-racism." Doesn't get much more anti-American than that folks.

I didn't say that. Read more carefully please. The January 6 events happened. I cannot influence the dynamics leading up to it by what I think about afterward. What will happen now is a matter for speculation. I was upset by the January 6 events.
Also, sometime ago I posted that if Trump were re-elected I feared that he would act to have the two-term limit repealed. Many forumites agreed, with shared concern. Though they had not thought of that.
But I do appreciate your use of quotations for the term 'anti-racism' since we know it is a lie. Thank you.

Quotation marks don't mean what you think they mean, Mahagonny. And I do read your posts carefully (which is hard since they are often incoherent word salads). Here is what you said:

The only freedom Trump would have deprived us of would be the freedom to not choose him as president. the other group will take away much more than that.

Sounds like you'd be happier in a country where there are no elections and no racial diversity.

mahagonny

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 16, 2021, 09:02:46 AM

The only freedom Trump would have deprived us of would be the freedom to not choose him as president. the other group will take away much more than that.

Sounds like you'd be happier in a country where there are no elections and no racial diversity.

I'm having trouble getting your gist here. You should already know from reading my posts that I live in an urban neighborhood with many black and white folks, my workplace has more black faculty than does the general population of the USA, my skin is what people would call white, and I am solvent enough that I could move abroad if I chose. So those facts speak for themselves.
As for the notion that I would prefer no elections, I've already shown not 15 minutes ago that that is not true.
If you're just going to misstate my positions I'll ignore you in hopes someone more worth conversing with comes along. Or doesn't but in that case, at least no more time wasted.
The larger point is the 'antiracist' movement is not to be trusted, upends the founding documents, and there have been many good things published recently that explain why.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mahagonny on July 16, 2021, 09:16:43 AM
Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 16, 2021, 09:02:46 AM

I'm having trouble getting your gist here. You should already know from reading my posts that I live in an urban neighborhood with many black and white folks, my workplace has more black faculty than does the general population of the USA, my skin is what people would call white, and I am solvent enough that I could move abroad if I chose. So those facts speak for themselves.
As for the notion that I would prefer no elections, I've already shown not 15 minutes ago that that is not true.
If you're just going to misstate my positions I'll ignore you in hopes someone more worth conversing with comes along. Or doesn't but in that case, at least no more time wasted.
The larger point is the 'antiracist' movement is not to be trusted, upends the founding documents, and there have been many good things published recently that explain why.

I'm just quoting you: "The only freedom Trump would have deprived us of would be the freedom to not choose him as president. the other group will take away much more than that."

All Trump would take away is our democracy, no big deal to you, relative to having to attend occasional diversity training sessions!

mahagonny

Trump at least believes in letting equality under the law (such as it is today, but it is a foundation of our democracy) continue and tolerance of Christian faith, which would preclude adopting 'antiracism' tenets. For example, whereas the Christian understands he should not covet his neighbor's possessions, he knows also that we are inclined to sin. So he does covet, he realizes he has sinned, he asks forgiveness, and is forgiven. Whereas Antiracism preaches that the black man should covet the white man's possessions, (at least in those instances where they exceed his own; it wouldn't pay otherwise) and our collective policy should proceed from there.
Also, the antiracist liberals think they believe in equal outcomes and would use government to try and create it. So they would steal our democracy henceforth, whereas Trump is already getting to be an old man. So yes, though I've never voted for Trump, I would trade him today for feeble minded old Joe Biden who thinks he's being hip by hanging out with communists.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mahagonny on July 16, 2021, 10:13:15 AM
Trump at least believes in letting equality under the law (such as it is today, but it is a foundation of our democracy) continue and tolerance of Christian faith, which would preclude adopting 'antiracism' tenets. For example, whereas the Christian understands he should not covet his neighbor's possessions, he knows also that we are inclined to sin. So he does covet, he realizes he has sinned, he asks forgiveness, and is forgiven. Whereas Antiracism preaches that the black man should covet the white man's possessions, (at least in those instances where they exceed his own; it wouldn't pay otherwise) and our collective policy should proceed from there.
Also, the antiracist liberals think they believe in equal outcomes and would use government to try and create it. So they would steal our democracy henceforth, whereas Trump is already getting to be an old man. So yes, though I've never voted for Trump, I would trade him today for feeble minded old Joe Biden who thinks he's being hip by hanging out with communists.

You're entitled to your opinion. Fortunately for the country and for the world a clear majority of Americans disagree with you and they voted Trump out. History will rightly remember him as a disgraced, corrupt, incompetent loser, with utter contempt for the will of the American people, who reinvigorated white nationalism and elevated the stupidest of conspiracy theories.

And lol at you if you actually believe the bolded; and smh at your white grievance take on Christianity.

mahagonny

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: mahagonny on July 16, 2021, 10:38:41 AM
Trump lost because of COVID-19.

Despite. Even minimally competent management would probably have seen him win.
I know it's a genus.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 16, 2021, 04:28:42 PM

Absolutely. If Trump had handled this competently he would have been at 50% popularity and won in a landslide.

kaysixteen

What commies does Joe Biden 'hang out' with?

ergative

Quote from: Sun_Worshiper on July 16, 2021, 05:12:37 PM
Quote from: Parasaurolophus on July 16, 2021, 04:28:42 PM

Absolutely. If Trump had handled this competently he would have been at 50% popularity and won in a landslide.

That's the thing that terrifies me the most. It took a worldwide pandemic to knock him down. And it shouldn't have.

mahagonny

Well of course we can continue butting heads if we want to. Not that interesting.

But FYI, here's how this registered democrat who is starting to feel estranged from his party sees things:

Trump shouldn't have been necessary in the first place. His ascension was made possible by the self righteous woke and political correctness culture which alienated many voters, then as now, Hillary campaigning with references to feminism (a non-starter by 2016), her own high negatives (which democrats had known about for years, but neglected to consider). With the democratic party moving away from middle America, Trump was the only place for many to go, despite his unpopular traits.

Quote from: kaysixteen on July 16, 2021, 10:23:42 PM
What commies does Joe Biden 'hang out' with?

Kamala Harris, for one. Her 'Equity vs. equality' brief video tutorial was a pretty visible part about the effort of liberals to recast the term equity (fairness) to mean equal outcomes . She's not staying in the background like some veeps do. Not that a veep or a woman veep has to. But that was a gift to the 'antiracism' gang.
Although I was heartened to read this morning that BLM representatives think he's been giving them the cold shoulder. Maybe old Joe does have something on the ball.
It used to be that you could be a democrat and an anti-communist without ruffling people's feathers.

nebo113

Mahog.....What about women/LGTBQ/non CIS?  Whereas Antiracism preaches that the black man should covet the white man's possessions,

mahagonny

Biden losing ground with independents, they say:

"While the president's support from his Democratic base remains strong enough to offset Republican opposition, several recent polls have seen his job approval rating begin to slip with the most crucial voter group — independents. Our July 6-8 Winning the Issues survey saw Biden's job approval underwater, with 40 percent of independents approving the job he is doing and 47 percent disapproving. Only a month before, our June survey had him at 46 percent approve/42 percent disapprove, a significant drop.

A July 3-6 Economist/YouGov poll found similar results among independents, with Biden at 41 percent approve/50 percent disapprove. A July 7-8 Reuters/Ipsos poll, which reported only on independents who approved of Biden's job performance, put that approval at 44 percent."

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/07/14/election-day-2022-will-be-independents-day/

I'm inclined to believe it. When Biden says the current quibbling about voting laws is the most significant test of our democracy since the civil war, he's not playing to the middle. He's betting the democratic base can prevail.

Quote from: nebo113 on July 17, 2021, 06:09:31 AM
Mahog.....What about women/LGTBQ/non CIS?  Whereas Antiracism preaches that the black man should covet the white man's possessions,

Was I not writing inclusively enough? Sorry. If you are considered white, you are an oppressor.

Sun_Worshiper

Quote from: mahagonny on July 17, 2021, 04:33:21 AM
Well of course we can continue butting heads if we want to. Not that interesting.

But FYI, here's how this registered democrat who is starting to feel estranged from his party sees things:

Trump shouldn't have been necessary in the first place. His ascension was made possible by the self righteous woke and political correctness culture which alienated many voters, then as now, Hillary campaigning with references to feminism (a non-starter by 2016), her own high negatives (which democrats had known about for years, but neglected to consider). With the democratic party moving away from middle America, Trump was the only place for many to go, despite his unpopular traits.

I'm always amused by this narrative that Trump's rise is actually the fault of Democrats, as though they were the party who chose this mentally unhinged authoritarian as their nominee. 

Quote from: mahagonny on July 17, 2021, 02:42:42 PM
Biden losing ground with independents, they say:

"While the president's support from his Democratic base remains strong enough to offset Republican opposition, several recent polls have seen his job approval rating begin to slip with the most crucial voter group — independents. Our July 6-8 Winning the Issues survey saw Biden's job approval underwater, with 40 percent of independents approving the job he is doing and 47 percent disapproving. Only a month before, our June survey had him at 46 percent approve/42 percent disapprove, a significant drop.

A July 3-6 Economist/YouGov poll found similar results among independents, with Biden at 41 percent approve/50 percent disapprove. A July 7-8 Reuters/Ipsos poll, which reported only on independents who approved of Biden's job performance, put that approval at 44 percent."

https://www.rollcall.com/2021/07/14/election-day-2022-will-be-independents-day/

You forgot to mention that the Ipsos poll showing Biden at 44% is actually an increase from their June 30th poll that showed him at 34% with independents, and that they have an even newer poll (July 14/15) showing Biden at 52% with independents (see slide 7 for details: https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/files/ct/news/documents/2021-07/2021%20Ipsos%20Tracking%20-%20Core%20Political%20Presidential%20Approval%20Tracker%2007%2015%202021.pdf).

Of course, the samples are so small on these polls that you get rather massive credibility intervals (11.6% for Ipsos on the poll of independents) making individual polls essentially meaningless, which is why you have to look at polls of polls.