Where do Republicans go from here?

Started by Sun_Worshiper, February 01, 2021, 07:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

little bongo

Quote from: mahagonny link=topic=2103.msg76392#msg76392 date=1622637445
Free speech?
/quote]

Well, there's this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So yes, Naomi Schaefer Riley enjoyed and still enjoys free speech--congress didn't say "you're fired, and go spew your mind-vomit elsewhere"--that was the Chronicle, making a pretty good decision i believe, though I can see where some might disagree. And she's still a busy writer, which she has the right to be.

nebo113

Wonder how "the blacks" feel about being called "the blacks."  Quote from our resident troll.

mahagonny

Quote from: nebo113 on June 02, 2021, 07:06:38 AM
Wonder how "the blacks" feel about being called "the blacks."  Quote from our resident troll.

it's a compliment. Well, maybe not, but it's no big deal. It's just vernacular...Here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VPaWrK1xRI
I offer this not to convince you (fool's errand). Just for levity.

Quote from: little bongo on June 02, 2021, 06:50:20 AM
Quote from: mahagonny link=topic=2103.msg76392#msg76392 date=1622637445
Free speech?
/quote]

Well, there's this:
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

So yes, Naomi Schaefer Riley enjoyed and still enjoys free speech--congress didn't say "you're fired, and go spew your mind-vomit elsewhere"--that was the Chronicle, making a pretty good decision i believe, though I can see where some might disagree. And she's still a busy writer, which she has the right to be.

Indeed, she probably considers getting fired by CHE to be a feather in her cap. I'm a fan.

nebo113

Ho hum......  You are increasingly  boring.  Do  find a new schtick.