News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Confronting Critical Race Theory

Started by mahagonny, June 02, 2021, 03:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahagonny

Quote from: Mobius on June 03, 2021, 08:49:22 PM
All of these bans on Critical Race Theory seem to be moot since no one except sitcom actors and "God is Dead"-type content teaches CRT as defined in various statutes.

There are ways a person can be instructed, cajoled, required, pressured to state that his skin color signifies perpetual shame. It doesn't have to be explicitly 'did you have to say "I apologize for being white? No? Well then, you weren't debased in public.'" It doesn't matter much to me where CRT promoters fall on the spectrum. They all have the wrong idea. They're part of something that is anti-social. Some may not realize it.

mamselle

Their awareness was cloaked in uncertainty, perhaps.

Or, Mapex, caped....but that is less communicative.

So, cloaked.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Hegemony

"Cloaked" certainly signals invisibility, as in the "cloaking device." I guess a caping device would mean that you can fly. But no one wears a cloak at the same time as a cape, so you can either fly or you can be invisible; both at once is sartorially inadvisable.

Parasaurolophus

Quote from: Hegemony on June 05, 2021, 06:46:26 PM
"Cloaked" certainly signals invisibility, as in the "cloaking device." I guess a caping device would mean that you can fly. But no one wears a cloak at the same time as a cape, so you can either fly or you can be invisible; both at once is sartorially inadvisable.

Capes are for capering, so I think: jumping. The cape-flight association must be from when they decided that Superman could do more than just leap over tall buildings. But the original Superman had the right idea.
I know it's a genus.

mamselle

A new caped crusader look has been unveiled:

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-flash-batman-michael-keaton-batsuit-symbol-watchmen-set-photo/

Sartorial definition of the lines of a cape means a lot.

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

nebo113

Quote from: mamselle on June 05, 2021, 06:18:06 PM
Their awareness was cloaked in uncertainty, perhaps.

Or, Mapex, caped....but that is less communicative.

So, cloaked.

M.

Perhaps the ancient Greek himation as it was gender neutral.....

Anselm

I can't read CRT without thinking about a cathode ray tube.
I am Dr. Thunderdome and I run Bartertown.

evil_physics_witchcraft

Quote from: Anselm on June 06, 2021, 03:27:51 PM
I can't read CRT without thinking about a cathode ray tube.

Love it!

mamselle

I remember doing a project in school about those.

We had to show how the little pea-shooter thingy swept across the screen from the back.

No actual peas were shot.

M.

mamselle

mahagonny

Quote from: Mobius on June 13, 2021, 02:44:12 PM
An Idaho legislator made it up.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/education/article251989888.html?fbclid=IwAR06IElUv9Qi_QqY1c9TOQpJaw-A7NBDH25a5KWokogQbZv97F1IYFvHvuc

And you owe me an apology. Everyone here knows or has access to information that I live in a blue state, so I can't be an Idaho legislator.

Quote from: Mobius on May 30, 2021, 08:12:58 PM
Maybe mahagonny was one the one reporting bias at Boise State, which was found to be baseless.

ETA: Actually if I were that legislator, I would be considering, instead of creeping around, just standing out in the open and explaining that the victimhood/oppressor narrative involving race in the USA in 2021 is an idiotic, implausible approach to improving life for Americans, easily and widely debunked, that liberals are already walking back from. And that the nicest thing you could say about the courses is that they are a poor use of time and money. https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/06/13/america-has-struggled-racial-issues-and-its-time-save-democracy/7618701002/
'Stop distractifying over "wokeness" and deal with the wolf at the door. Firing folks over "forbidden" words or views is absurd.'
I would then expect many in Idaho would be able to look into the situation, use their God-given common sense, and agree.

mamselle

Who was that masked man?

Was it the caped crusader?

M. 

lightning

Quote from: mamselle on June 13, 2021, 09:05:02 PM
Who was that masked man?

Was it the caped crusader?

M.

I thought we passed a resolution to call him the cloaked crusader.

mamselle

Correct. My mistake.

I confused the cloak with the dagger.

My bad.

M.