Confronting Critical Race Theory

Started by mahagonny, June 02, 2021, 03:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hegemony

The Z that stands for Zorro. And that Z rhymes with P and it stands for "Pool!"

I'm almost sure I've got that straight.

mamselle

Uh-oh. "Oh, we got trouble."

Earworm time....I'll either be sing or resisting sing the rest of the patter to that the rest of the day, now.

And it's starting early...thanks for that...

I have the whole score memorized; I had one of the kid's parts twice in junior high when, first the high school, and a year later, one of the local musical theatre groups, did it.

And my dad had the record (with Shirley Jones) in regular rota on the turntable for decades.

"We surely got trouble--Right here!"

"Remember the Maine, Plymouth Rock an' the Golden Rule!"

"OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN GONNA HAVE  Trouble, trouble, trouble....."

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Hegemony

Does he rebuckle his knickerbockers below the knee?

That's the worst, speaking of sartorial malfunctions. Not to mention moral panics.

little bongo

This tends to happen when you're caught with a cistern empty on a Saturday night.

mahagonny

And 'Professor' Harold Hill (Ibram X. Kendi) never does get to leave town because he falls in love with himself and gets tenure.

Economizer

Back to the central subject, is this matter timed to give jobseeking administrators something to talk about in interview sessions in the coming school year? Did it come "From Outta Iowa"? Will there be a standardized test developed to indicate what should happen to whom? More importantly, to me, how will it affect substitute teachers at high school level? And, even more importantly, what is all the "Cape crap" that you, the y'all, are writing?
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

mahagonny

Several things I now see vividly that I've never seen before in my entire life:  (1) both my schools now talk to us, via provost, chancellor or president email, with the presumed certainty that we are aligned with the democratic party's view of reality, and that that view makes it imperative that we all act together in the opposition to widespread racism (of various types) that victimizes black and brown people and the menace of white supremacy in brand new ways, as prescribed by a cadre of like-minded academics/journalists with no bipartisan support; and (2) the fact that there was never any reference to the need for a consensus. The insertion of this world-view into our campus life was just something we became aware had happened after it did. Sort of like a cocktail that you thought was too weak to have an effect, and now realize you were quite wrong. (3) Absence of discussion about either #1 or #2.

QuoteBack to the central subject, is this matter timed to give jobseeking administrators something to talk about in interview sessions in the coming school year?

Not so long ago, this kind of riff would be considered another looking-busy-with-silly, puffed-up-attempts-at-innovation administrative initiative that faculty of all stripes would view cynically. This time, I think a few of the admins are dreading the fall. I hope so.

mamselle

Now, friends, let me tell you what I mean.

You've got one, two, three, four, five, six pockets in a table.

Pockets that mean the diff'rence between a gentleman and a bum!

With a capital "B" and that rhymes with "T" and that stands for "POOL!"

M.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

mahagonny

QuoteAnd, even more importantly, what is all the "Cape crap" that you, the y'all, are writing?

In particular I don't get the need to mob a poster whom you have the technological opportunity to ignore. Especially when it has little effect on them.
It was a little disappointing, initially, not to see any serious responses from anyone who'd read the article, but, hey, i'm getting in here for free, so...no biggie.
But wait, there was one, economizer. Thank you. I follow John McWhorter on this topic, FYI. Smart, honest and above all, decent, guy.

mamselle

Cape Cod is a very decent place, no need to question that.

M.

mahagonny

Well, when the left gets too carried away with themselves, other people get busy. Guess who's got lots of free time, with energy to match? In the crosshairs: public school teacher tenure.

A Plan to Get Divisive & Radical Theories Out of Our Schools Donald J. Trump, RCP

Economizer

Speaking of Capes, has the absence of cruise industry activity at Cape Canaveral FL caused a decline in the numbers of those pesky sharks? I had supposed that they had thrived due to 3-4 thousand passenger vessels "blowing their tanks" too close to Daytona Beach, Cocoa, Beach, and southerly to the Treasure Coasts.

Also, is Red Snapper fishin' reallowed now? Ah, but perhaps I digress!
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!