News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Happy Easter!

Started by clean, April 04, 2021, 12:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larimar

Quote from: mamselle on April 17, 2022, 09:04:18 AM
Putting the recipe for that quiche on the dinner thread would be quite a gift to the community....

;--}

M.

Thank you Mamselle, but as it turns out, it would probably be a gift not to post the quiche recipe. It didn't turn out too well. First it wasn't done when the oven timer went off. I think this is likely because the mashed potato kit I used for the crust turned out not to be enough to cover the inside of the pan. Therefore I used two kits. When I made this before, I'd used a different brand of potato kit. Extra potatoes plus adding the mushrooms, which were not in the original recipe, I guess made it thicker and required more baking time. I put it back in the oven and had to guess blindly how much more time it needed. I tried 15 minutes, which then may have been too long. When the quiche came out again, the crust was all dry and crumbly. When I sliced it and lifted the slices out of the pan, it fell apart and ended up on the plates as quiche-splat. It was edible, and tasted okay, but it was a mess. Ah, well, something to laugh about in retrospect. I'll definitely need to adjust the recipe for next time.

Larimar

hmaria1609

Happy Easter!
We had BBQ for dinner.  It was great weather for it!

mahagonny

Microwave pizza. Doing okay!
Earlier today we had a nice feed.

mamselle

Quote from: Larimar on April 17, 2022, 05:58:04 PM
Quote from: mamselle on April 17, 2022, 09:04:18 AM
Putting the recipe for that quiche on the dinner thread would be quite a gift to the community....

;--}

M.

Thank you Mamselle, but as it turns out, it would probably be a gift not to post the quiche recipe. It didn't turn out too well. First it wasn't done when the oven timer went off. I think this is likely because the mashed potato kit I used for the crust turned out not to be enough to cover the inside of the pan. Therefore I used two kits. When I made this before, I'd used a different brand of potato kit. Extra potatoes plus adding the mushrooms, which were not in the original recipe, I guess made it thicker and required more baking time. I put it back in the oven and had to guess blindly how much more time it needed. I tried 15 minutes, which then may have been too long. When the quiche came out again, the crust was all dry and crumbly. When I sliced it and lifted the slices out of the pan, it fell apart and ended up on the plates as quiche-splat. It was edible, and tasted okay, but it was a mess. Ah, well, something to laugh about in retrospect. I'll definitely need to adjust the recipe for next time.

Larimar

(Chuckling)

I'm adding <<quiche-splat>> to my vocabulary pronto.

M.

Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

clean

happy Easter 2024!
any plans?  it is almost April, so the weather should be nicer than when Easter is earlier in March. 

Will the Easter Bunny bring you anything with a high calorie content?

What are your plans?

We will visit the inlaws for burgers, potato salad and beans, (which I am bringing).  Not sure what they will add.  I have already sent over an angel food cake and 2 pounds of strawberries (and Blue Bell ice cream).

It iwll not be a 'big day'.  The grandbaby (who is about 4) will not be there.  (Not that she has not already been given 2 or 3 Easter Baskets!!)   But without the young one, then no egg hunts, no need for chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, etc.

(It seems that my sister in law and her mother in law are somewhat at odds.  IF they were in town then they would be required to have a meal.  My mother in law (her mother) would also like them to visit and eat.  So instead of blowing their diets and eating 2 meals, they have gone to a local state park in their camper (a place they like to visit). 

With no one looking for the Bunny, there was no need for a big meal, so I suggested burgers on the grill.   Im not sure how popular the choice is because my MIL said that she will also be cooking some chicken for my FIL

HOwever, I offered a different menu (cornish game hens, stuffing and other fixins) , but burgers was approved. 

Happy Easter Everyone!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

Larimar

Happy Easter everyone!

No big plans here. Mr. Larimar has to work, and the family lives too far away to get together for a meal. We are planning to make one of our fancier recipes for supper for just the two of us: "chicken" marinara using vegetarian soy-based chicken cutlets, and mashed potatoes. No candy because I am prediabetic and can't have the sugar. No boiled eggs because it's been a heck of a busy week and no time to boil them, and neither of us has enough enthusiasm to do it anyway. We'll get to relax with a movie at home together in the evening at least, and the cats have the choice of whether to join us. Often they do, but not always. I guess it wouldn't do to be too predictable.

Anyone going to a sunrise service? I love those, but our church doesn't do them.

Larimar

Wahoo Redux

May the Easter Bunny bring everyone a basket of good fortune and a ticket to the solar eclipse.
Come, fill the Cup, and in the fire of Spring
Your Winter-garment of Repentance fling:
The Bird of Time has but a little way
To flutter--and the Bird is on the Wing.

hmaria1609

Happy Easter everyone!

I bought a bottle of rose from a local wine store for Easter dinner tomorrow. We also bought tuxedo mousse cake at Costco the other day.
Watched some of "The Ten Commandments" (1956) on ABC. It's one of my favorite movies.

Safe and smooth travels to those who are on the road this weekend.

I enjoyed re-reading Mamselle's Easter posts as I scrolled down the page. I hope others enjoyed them too.

Langue_doc

Went on one of the walks scheduled for today. Easter hats and costumes aplenty. See some of these in the NYT article on the Easter Parade.

ETA: link to the free version here. Here are more photos in the New York Post, but probably behind a paywall.

apl68

We had a good Easter service at our church.  In the afternoon I got to speak with my brother on the telephone for the first time in awhile.  I did not go home to visit my parents because I plan to go see them during the eclipse next week.  They live within the path of totality.  And we have some business pertaining to my getting access to their bank information to help them manage their affairs when it becomes necessary that will require my being there on a business day, and not just a weekend or holiday.
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.