News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Movie Thread

Started by overthejordan, May 17, 2019, 11:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bioteacher

I will revise my aversion to Toy Story 4 and consider going. I loved the trilogy so much I am leery of watching it be destroyed in money grab sequels. I'm glad to hear it was good.

ciao_yall

Quote from: bioteacher on June 29, 2019, 01:16:15 PM
I will revise my aversion to Toy Story 4 and consider going. I loved the trilogy so much I am leery of watching it be destroyed in money grab sequels. I'm glad to hear it was good.

I watched Toy Story (the original) last night because I had never seen it - what a cute movie! I am revising my boycott of sequels to watch Toy Story 2 and if I like it, I might even watch 3... even 4.

Hegemony

I thought Toy Story 4 was a lot of fun and in fact better than Toy Story 3. It took a little while to get going — I found Forky annoying — but at a certain point it really takes off.

The same is true of Yesterday.  There is a big climactic moment which I thought was too quick, and I have to say I was a lot less interested n the pedestrian love story than the whole intriguing world-without-key-icons concept.  But it was good mild fun.

statsgeek

Pixar did it again!  StatSpouse and I really enjoyed Toy Story 4.  If you see it, stay all the way through the credits - until right before the screen goes dark and the lights come on. 

ciao_yall

Quote from: statsgeek on July 01, 2019, 06:13:52 AM
Pixar did it again!  StatSpouse and I really enjoyed Toy Story 4.  If you see it, stay all the way through the credits - until right before the screen goes dark and the lights come on.

Do they have a blooper reel like at the end of Toy Story 2?

clean

Spider Man opens tonight at midnight in my neighborhood. 
It is sold out!
"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am"  Darth Vader

backatit

We saw Yesterday this weekend and loved it.

I also saw Juliet, Naked on Amazon (it's included with Prime). HIGHLY recommend it - I love Chris O'Dowd (from the IT crowd) anyway, but everyone was excellent and it's a surprising gem of a movie.

sprout

Saw the latest Annabelle this weekend.  It was fun, a couple of good scares, but nothing spectacular.

clean

This weekend (coincidentally?)  marks the opening of Crock.  (hurricane hits florida (im sure it is not too late to change the location advertising), Girl goes to check on father, father trapped by 'nest of gators'.... so this is sort of a cross between Jaws, The Meg, and maybe some lesser quality films.  I understand it has an 88 minute run time.... 'a sure sign of quality'.)

Also is SuperUber or somthing like that.  This sounds similar to the Queen Latifa movie where she had to take a cab to solve crimes.  It looks like this time it is Uber! 

Im going to Florida this week for my mom's birthday, so I wont be seeing any movies this weekend.  (though Im not sure that I m missing much this weekend!)

What about you?  What will you see?

Are you holding out for Next Week's THE LION KING? 

magnemite

Went to see Spiderman far from home- was pleased, overall a good movie, and the two intra-credit scenes were also excellent.
may you ride eternal, shiny and chrome

saffie

Might see The Art of Self Defense in the next week. The Farewell (limited release?) looks interesting too.

Economizer

Has any one seen Stuber yet?  I am planning on going to see it tonight.
So, I tried to straighten everything out and guess what I got for it.  No, really, just guess!

clean

Anyone planning to see a movie this weekend?

Im not sure what is even out anymore. I may see one this weekend, but no promises.

My girlfriend doesnt want to see anything before noon, and doesnt want to see anything that may be a horror movie.  SO I may skip out and see an early horrible movie! 

Good Boys doesnt look 'good' to me. I doubt that I am the target audience.
Somehow it looks like I missed the ones I wanted to see (like Yesterday).
My local favorite theater still has Lion King.  There are a few showtimes for Melissa McArthy's The Kitchen. Once upon a time in Hollywood is only at 10pm (past my bedtime). There are several showing of Dora and the Lost City of Gold, but I m not that target audience either!  The big screens I think are Good Boys, 47 Meters Down (a shark movie?) and Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.  None of these are going to excite my girlfriend.

Oh, here is what the theater link says about "Good boys:  From the guys who brought you Superbad and Sausage Party."  Yea, she wont be excited to see that (and neither will I!)

So what are your recommendations?  What is playing at your cinema?

saffie

Good Boys and Where'd You Go Bernadette are the new releases at my usual theater.  Don't think I'll get to see either of these.

This coming week I'm seeing Apocalypse Now: The Final Cut.  Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse is coming back for a few screenings - I missed this the first time around so I may try to get to that one too.

monarda

We saw the Tarantino movie yesterday. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  I'm not one for violence, but I liked it. Much more than I thought I would. Especially if you appreciate how he twists outcomes of the true stories/situations on which his movies are loosely based.

I might recommend reading to remind yourself a little about Charles Manson before going to see this one, that way you'll get all of the references to real people in this movie.