News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

Unnatural Love: Pens, Stationery, Office Supplies

Started by octoprof, July 03, 2019, 01:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

octoprof

Do you drool in the office supply store? Do you seek out stationery stores every time you travel?

What is your unnatural love in the office supply/stationery store category? Give us all the juicy details.

Hello, my name is o. and I am a fountain pen addict. I have a ridiculously huge collection of mostly affordable German made fountain pens. I adore writing with them and using a variety of inks. I am not ashamed.
Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

polly_mer

Hello, my name is PM and I have strategic stockpiles of sticky notes.  I have recently branched out into dry erase static notes to change my office wall into a color-coded calendar.
Quote from: hmaria1609 on June 27, 2019, 07:07:43 PM
Do whatever you want--I'm just the background dancer in your show!

aside

Hello, my name is A.  I have an inordinate fondness for binder clips.  They keep my hands busy (interthreaduality).  I cannot part with them.

ciao_yall

Quote from: polly_mer on July 03, 2019, 05:01:52 AM
Hello, my name is PM and I have strategic stockpiles of sticky notes.  I have recently branched out into dry erase static notes to change my office wall into a color-coded calendar.

Are we twins, separated at birth?

irhack

Facebook sends me ads for planners I don't need but desperately want. Has anyone even gotten one of them? Ink & Volt? Hobonichi? Drool....

Conjugate

Quote from: aside on July 03, 2019, 05:03:35 AM
Hello, my name is A.  I have an inordinate fondness for binder clips.  They keep my hands busy (interthreaduality).  I cannot part with them.

Yes, the small ones are great for holding 25 to 30 one-page quizzes together.

My wife says to tell you about her, as she has to order her stationery from England.  Baselton Bond, I think.
∀ε>0∃δ>0∋|x–a|<δ⇒|ƒ(x)-ƒ(a)|<ε

ergative

Yayyy! This one again!

Fountain pens. Just fountain pens.

archaeo42

Small to medium notebooks of heavy stock paper. I can't resist them.
"The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate."

eigen

I love my Levenger writing pads. Great paper, heavy duty, pleasure to write on.
Quote from: Caracal
Actually reading posts before responding to them seems to be a problem for a number of people on here...

ciao_yall

Ooh - and my quad-ruled spiral bound notebooks. Hard to find outside of back-to-school season.

octoprof

Welcome your cephalopod overlord.

mamselle

A good goose quill, well-pointed, and a strong brown ironweed/alum ink are all anyone really needs in life.

Honestly!!

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

Quote from: mamselle on July 03, 2019, 12:03:52 PM
A good goose quill, well-pointed, and a strong brown ironweed/alum ink are all anyone really needs in life.

Honestly!!

M.

I've found that quills are better suited for broad-nib work. For proper pointed pen work you really need a steel nib. The goose quills, no matter how well seasoned, can't hold a point.

As for ink, my go-to preference is walnut.

mamselle

Perhaps, but my supplier, Mr. Holbrook, is out of steel nibs at the moment, and I refuse to patronize that Anglican Tory, Mr. Price....

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ergative

Quote from: mamselle on July 03, 2019, 12:15:29 PM
Perhaps, but my supplier, Mr. Holbrook, is out of steel nibs at the moment, and I refuse to patronize that Anglican Tory, Mr. Price....

M.

I would not dream of asking you to compromise your principles. Perhaps this resource can suggest to you a different supplier.