News:

Welcome to the new (and now only) Fora!

Main Menu

The Post For Stuff You Wanna Tell People

Started by Parasaurolophus, May 17, 2019, 10:11:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlotte

I was reading a (very) popular magazine article when I suddenly, unexpectedly, saw MY NAME. They quoted a study that I had published last year!

arcturus

Quote from: Charlotte on July 08, 2021, 04:55:53 AM
I was reading a (very) popular magazine article when I suddenly, unexpectedly, saw MY NAME. They quoted a study that I had published last year!
Congratulations, Charlotte! Well done!

ab_grp

Quote from: arcturus on July 08, 2021, 05:06:01 AM
Congratulations, Charlotte! Well done!

+1.  That must be such a neat feeling!

apl68

Congratulations!  You know that people are paying attention!
If in this life only we had hope of Christ, we would be the most pathetic of them all.  But now is Christ raised from the dead, the first of those who slept.  First Christ, then afterward those who belong to Christ when he comes.

AmLitHist

How cool is that, Charlotte!  Congrats!

evil_physics_witchcraft

Awesome! Congrats!!!

mamselle

Good for you!

My note is less celebratory, but I seem to need to let someone know...today would have been the first day of the summer tours I won't be giving again this year, and I'm wishing that were different.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

Charlotte

Thanks, everyone! It was such a shock and an amazing feeling to see my work being read by a broader audience.

Mamselle, I'm sorry you are missing another summer of tours!

mamselle

Thanks.

In a sweet turn-around, though, my next-door neighbor asked when I'd next be bringing my accordion out on the front porch to play, as I did last year a couple times.

I'd sort of forgotten, so I'll have to do some extra prep for that, I guess, soon.

It was nice she remembered, and asked.

M.
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

Reprove not a scorner, lest they hate thee: rebuke the wise, and they will love thee.

Give instruction to the wise, and they will be yet wiser: teach the just, and they will increase in learning.

ciao_yall

Quote from: mamselle on July 11, 2021, 08:39:19 AM
Thanks.

In a sweet turn-around, though, my next-door neighbor asked when I'd next be bringing my accordion out on the front porch to play, as I did last year a couple times.

I'd sort of forgotten, so I'll have to do some extra prep for that, I guess, soon.

It was nice she remembered, and asked.

M.

Neighborhood Polka Party!

ciao_yall

Big day tomorrow and smudge on my pedicure.

I realize every time I have gone in for a successful job interview, something went wrong and I still got the job. (Boyfriend dumped me the night before, lost a button, spilled on myself...)

So will take this as a good sign.

ab_grp

Good luck tomorrow, ciao_yall! I hope the smudge does turn out to be a good omen.

cathwen

Good luck, ciao_yall!  May the smudge be your magic charm! 

AmLitHist

Fingers crossed and flinging cat hair here for you, Ciao yall!  (Do we still fling cat hair here?)

Parasaurolophus

Went to the gym for the first time since we surged in November. It was nice to move real weight, not the elastics I use at home. Happily, I've not decrepified too much.
I know it's a genus.